Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Punishes, Knocks Oscar De La Hoya Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the people hating on this fight cause it would be a mismatch were right, except the mismatch was on Oscar's side.

We saw an excellent performance by Manny Pacquiao, something nobody expected would happen, and probably the last fight of the Golden Boy.

This was no circus act, or anything else that people were calling it. Pacman delivered a legit performance and certainly just claimed Fighter of the Year if there was any doubt about it. Marquez (130), Diaz (135) and Oscar (147), 2 belts, 3 divisions. Pacman was brilliant this year.

I had Oscar by KO because I thought he would be to big, boy was I wrong. Oscar needs to retire after this, he doesn't have anythin left and I doubt anyone wants to see him again in a big fight again. Maybe he could sneak in a last fight calling it his "retirement fight" but I hope he stays away from it. Guy had an excellent career and made tons of $$.

I'm glad Manny won cause I would rather watch Pacman vs. Hatton than Oscar vs. Hatton had Oscar won.

Comment

• Great Suprise!

I couldn't be more shocked and pleased with the outcome of this fight and the beating De La Hoya took. This is exactly what Oscar gets for trying to pick on a much smaller man. Turns out the smaller man has much bigger fight in him that does Oscar and he paid for it. Congrats to Manny on a terrific performance and for embarrassing Oscar. I love it! This is one the biggest upsets I've seen since Douglas beat Tyson.

I know it won't happen but man...Pacman vs. Mayweather...make it happen!
      Last edited by myau1; 12-07-2008, 01:07 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• I was rooting for Pac, but honestly didn't think he had a chance to win. I was pleasantly suprised the way he came out and just dominated Oscar from the get go. Oscar doesn't have anything left, but the way Manny did it was impressive. He was throwing and landing about every possible punch you could. It's crazy because not that too long ago all he was was jab and straight left. Now he uses the right hand very effectively and his head movement and footwork are great. Combine that with his speed and punching power and it's gonna take a outstanding performance by somebody to beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
          i'm in complete awe ... a big CONGRATS to Manny!!! I thought this was impossible!
          Now let's see MANNY vs PBF!!!

^ What he said.

Comment

• "MANNY" "MANNY" "MANNY"!!!! I CAN STILL HEAR THE PEOPLE IN HIS COUNRTY ALL THE WAY FROM QUEENS!!!! long live manny!! HE IS TRULY THE P4P CHAMPION AND WELL DESERVED!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I DAMM NEAR ****IN CRIED! NOW TAKE OUT HATTON!! AND THE PRETTY BOY WILL COME!

Comment

• That was beautiful.

Comment

• Incredible effort by Manny. Holy Fcuk!

Sad to see Oscar with nothing left (although a KO would've been real sweet).

I watched both HBO and Sky Cable telecasts of the same feed. The Sky broadcasting pair are world class. Impeccable. Fans in the UK are lucky indeed.

Comment

• Pacman adn Oscar save boxing sports...

Pacman is ATG figther, even Joe Slapzaghe cannot be compare to him. LOL

Slappy is just a Fighter who beats aging figthers.

Hatton will be next..

Comment

• rubber match

manny should fight marquez both fights were close i would much rather see that than rickys hatton hugging manny for 12 rounds

Comment

• Move on.

I know I don't want to see JMM against Pac part 3. Its played out right now. I'd much rather see Pac fight Hatton or Meayweather. And JMM fight Valero. I would much rather see some variety than get forced to watch a third when there are other great fighters on there level who they havent fought yet. Diversity will only make this a stronger division and if Valero knocked out JMM, then Pac would have to fight him. Regardless there are alot of interesting fights for both fighters that I'd rather see.

Comment

Working...
                      X