No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Wait so this game is an RPG or has RPG elements?

Watching the gameplay of Demon's Soul it looked like this was a third person sword game. Is it like Borderlands that it's a FPS shooter, WITH RPG elements in it?
    Action RPG. Lots of stats and different characters, no mistaking that it is an RPG. It's hard to compare it to any other game though, I've never played one similar.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Wait so this game is an RPG or has RPG elements?

Watching the gameplay of Demon's Soul it looked like this was a third person sword game. Is it like Borderlands that it's a FPS shooter, WITH RPG elements in it?
      It's a legit third person RPG with dungeon crawling elements. It's not a third person action/adventure like so many people thought going into it, it's a punishing experience where level grinding, learning from your mistakes, and patience are an asbolute must.

Comment

The DLC is 10 hours long and comes out for PS3/360 this winter. $15 off PSN and however many MS Points $15 is.

Can't wait, heard it's even more brutal.

Kev, no offense buddy, but if I were you i'd stay away from Demon's/Dark Souls

The Demon's Souls platinum is actually the 2nd most difficult platinum in the world, got it..

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
          you i'd stay away from Demon's/Dark Souls

The Demon's Souls platinum is actually the 2nd most difficult platinum in the world, got it..
          That can't be true. I can think of at least half a dozen games that are literally impossible to platinum.

Fight Night Round 4
          Street Fighter IV
          Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
          Marvel vs Capcom 3
          Killzone 2
          Wipeout HD

That's not even counting Socom Confrontation, Tom Clancy's Endwar, and GTA IV. Among others.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            That can't be true. I can think of at least half a dozen games that are literally impossible to platinum.

Fight Night Round 4
            Street Fighter IV
            Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
            Marvel vs Capcom 3
            Killzone 2
            Wipeout HD

That's not even counting Socom Confrontation, Tom Clancy's Endwar, and GTA IV. Among others.
            Actually, you're kind of right. SF4 and GTA4 are in the top 5 in the world.

But Wipeout HD (a game nobody gives a fuck about) is the worlds most difficult platinum trophy, followed by Demons Souls at 2.

FNR4 is just about luck, devoting enough online time to be the online champ.

KZ2 isn't difficult to platinum since DLC trophies don't count.

Comment

The DLC is 10 hours long and comes out for PS3/360 this winter. $15 off PSN and however many MS Points $15 is.

Can't wait, heard it's even more brutal.

Kev, no offense buddy, but if I were you i'd stay away from Demon's/Dark Souls

Wouldn't say it's even more brutal, there are some parts which are more intense but it's about the same as main game over all (End boss is same difficulty as Smough - Ornstein fight imo), I was somewhat disapointed with some parts but over all it's great. Definitely worth the price.

No one here played it on PC ?.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                Wouldn't say it's even more brutal, there are some parts which are more intense but it's about the same as main game over all (End boss is same difficulty as Smough - Ornstein fight imo), I was somewhat disapointed with some parts but over all it's great. Definitely worth the price.

No one here played it on PC ?.
                Nice! you got it? The PC version comes with the DLC already on it, just incase some were wondering. I heard you cant enter the dlc until you're like 90% done with a file? i'm getting it regardless but would you say the DLC is worth $15? and is it really around 10 hours like i've read?

Comment

Nice! you got it? The PC version comes with the DLC already on it, just incase some were wondering. I heard you cant enter the dlc until you're like 90% done with a file? i'm getting it regardless but would you say the DLC is worth $15? and is it really around 10 hours like i've read?
                  You need too have access to Duke's Archives to get the item that lets you enter the DLC area and be good enough too handle the Hydra in Darkroot, so about 60% I guess ?.

I'd definitely say it's worth 15$, not sure if it's 10 hours long but it adds 3 or 4 New pretty decent sized areas, plenty of cool new armour and weapons, PVP Arena (< I'd honestly pay 15$ for that alone ), new spells, great bosses. Plenty of content, they did everything right.
                  Last edited by NChristo; 10-11-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

FNR4 is just about luck, devoting enough online time to be the online champ.
                    No, it's not. At least not on the 360, anyway.

The same **** has had the belts ever since the game was released and only defends them against himself every other day on an alternate profile and console. Furthermore he was offering people shots for the price of 4,000 MS points or one year of XBox live gold membership.

EA and Microsoft found out and banned him but he had already switched his titles over to another profile, and he's done so about half a dozen times already.

If you're even lucky enough to get a shot at this twat's titles he just disconnects his ethernet cable before the first bell even rings so there's no chance of him losing.

Only 200-some odd people in the entire world have platinumed that game for the 360.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      No, it's not. At least not on the 360, anyway.

The same **** has had the belts ever since the game was released and only defends them against himself every other day on an alternate profile and console. Furthermore he was offering people shots for the price of 4,000 MS points or one year of XBox live gold membership.

EA and Microsoft found out and banned him but he had already switched his titles over to another profile, and he's done so about half a dozen times already.

If you're even lucky enough to get a shot at this twat's titles he just disconnects his ethernet cable before the first bell even rings so there's no chance of him losing.

Only 200-some odd people in the entire world have platinumed that game for the 360.

> charging people MS Points.

holy shit, what a fucking loser. I never knew about this, that's wrong af.

Comment

Working...
                      X