No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Selby-Koasicha, Cleverly-Corbin Full Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Selby-Koasicha, Cleverly-Corbin Full Weigh-In

On Saturday, May 17, Lee Selby will take on Romulo Koasicha for the vacant WBC International Featherweight title in a 12-round bout bout that will headline a championship afternoon of boxing live on Sky Sports. The fight, which will also serve as a WBC Elimination bout to champion Johnny Gonzalez's belt), will originate from the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, Wales. Selby of Barry, Wales has a record of 18-1 with 7 knockouts. Selby has been on a roll, winning 14 straight fights and capturing multiple championships.

[Click Here To Read More]

Is it true they call Selby the "Welsh Mayweather" in England?

Comment

I must continue with an apology to the Welsh, I know what they can do. My mistake was geographic, not demeaning. I watched Johnnie Owens fight at the Olympic auditorium in Los Angeles. He was unbelievably skinny, sad, crouching and mean (to other bantams). The only fight I ever saw him lose was against Pintor and he never got up again. He wasn't a big hitter and Pintor was dropping bombs, Johnnie went down several times, people were yelling for him to stay down, for the ref to stop it, but Johnnie just kept getting up. The final blow was paralyzing, Owens went down in a heap, it was serious no doubt, he died soon after. I'll never forget Johnnie Owens.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        I must continue with an apology to the Welsh, I know what they can do. My mistake was geographic, not demeaning. I watched Johnnie Owens fight at the Olympic auditorium in Los Angeles. He was unbelievably skinny, sad, crouching and mean (to other bantams). The only fight I ever saw him lose was against Pintor and he never got up again. He wasn't a big hitter and Pintor was dropping bombs, Johnnie went down several times, people were yelling for him to stay down, for the ref to stop it, but Johnnie just kept getting up. The final blow was paralyzing, Owens went down in a heap, it was serious no doubt, he died soon after. I'll never forget Johnnie Owens.
        Respect, Jonnie was a true warrior.

Comment

Working...
        X