Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauerland allows Kessler to get an extra trainer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauerland allows Kessler to get an extra trainer.

I would like to express my disappointment about Kessler, again. But with that said, I still support my country man no matter how his fights goes in the future. Kessler said in an interview that he'll have new resources implemented in the team. Who could it be or who could help him? His boxingstyle is very European, throwing straights and moving forward. How could he be helped? As Mikkel has went through a surgery for his back, can he learn the more advanced movements?

Froch is going to spark him out.

Comment

Roach might do good with him, but then again doesn't Roach have several Boxers he is training right now. Don't know if Roach will do it. Teddy Atlas might do well with Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
        Roach might do good with him, but then again doesn't Roach have several Boxers he is training right now. Don't know if Roach will do it. Teddy Atlas might do well with Kessler.
        Personally I really think Roach is too big for a fighter like Kessler. As Mikkel himself have stated, even before the Calzaghe fight, that he hasn't got many fights left in him due to his bad back/hands. Richard Olsen, have learned Mikkel alot and been a good father figure to him, but after Mikkel won his first world title, he should have looked for a new corner, though still kept Richard as support. Mikkel hasn't evolved for a looooong time.

Comment

If he's looking for a new international trainer, the best fit IMO will be Manny Steward. He's used to training fighters who relies on the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            If he's looking for a new international trainer, the best fit IMO will be Manny Steward. He's used to training fighters who relies on the jab.
            Thats actually a pretty good idea. Kessler is what, 30 now? Cant expect him to learn too much at this point, you can only teak the things he does and work on his attitude. Steward would be a big help.
            Still, this tournament is going to be the end of him one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
              Thats actually a pretty good idea. Kessler is what, 30 now? Cant expect him to learn too much at this point, you can only teak the things he does and work on his attitude. Steward would be a big help.
              Still, this tournament is going to be the end of him one way or another.
              I don't believe that Mikkel is going to win the Super Six Tournament. But I think that he will still be a factor/force in a now very strong division, even after the SS is over. But let's see what'll happen in the future, as Saurland openly asked for a new/extra trainer.

Comment

He already has or have had Jimmy Montoya in his corner, will he do the job? Or should they try to grap a whole new one?

Comment

Working...
                X