Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did pacquiao "drain" cotto????????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    These threads always go like this.

Poster: Cotto was drained and weakened at the CW.
    Pacfan: The CW made no difference he only lost 1lb more than his fight before.
    Poster: Why did Pacquiao ask for the CW then if it made no difference?
    Pacfan: Because Manny is small and it would be unfair to fight bigger fighters.
    Poster: So Pacquiao does gain an advantage then?
    Pacfan: No 1lb made no difference..........

Repeat 500x
    End of thread!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Has the thread starter cut weight before? I haven't which is why I don't make light the potential effects. As the end of the day when fighters cut weight the final pounds come from water, losing an extra liter of water can leave an individual feeling dehydrated.

Even if you rehydrate yourself a feeling of fatigue would remain. Try starving yourself for a few days and see how long it takes you to regain your strength.
      ______

Anyway all of it can be simplified by asking this, if the extra pounds made no difference why did Pacquiao's camp insist on it?
      Do you know who asked for the 145 catchweight? Don't tell me it was Team Pacquiao who asked for a 145 catchweight .

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        BINGO!

Cotto's camp was saying that Cotto ate well, was healthy and is too big and strong for Manny ..... but now that he lost, he was drained?
        Fighting 101 is not to alert your opinion to any potential weakness. What he said before the fight is inconclusive as fighters will always claim that they are in condition even if they are shot to ****. You can't enter a battle believing you're weakened and you can't let your opponent know.

That being said his statements after the fight are also inconclusive as when people fall short they look for exclusive.

At the end of the day people have to use their own judgement when assessing his condition, not go by the things said.

Comment

• Pacquiao vs Cotto @ 154 = Same result.

Pacquiao is all WRONG for a fighter like Cotto.

Cotto's #1 weapon the left hook to the liver is PERFECT for Pacquiao's counter right hook.

Comment

• Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
            Do you know who asked for the 145 catchweight? Don't tell me it was Team Pacquiao who asked for a 145 catchweight .
            They didnt ask they demanded it , OR NO FIGHT ! , just like now 150 OR NO FIGHT !

Manny works hard do get every advantage possible , and he would have walked away if he never got 145 , thats how important it was to him !!

Comment

• Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
              Pacquiao vs Cotto @ 154 = Same result.

Pacquiao is all WRONG for a fighter like Cotto.

Cotto's #1 weapon the left hook to the liver is PERFECT for Pacquiao's counter right hook.
              I agree with you bro @154 result is the same so if this rematch ever happens I want to see the fight @154, to not give them the benefit of the doubt...

Comment

• The pound must have mattered. Why else would Arum/Pac insist on the catch weight in the first place?

Comment

• Consider the possibility it was the right hand, and the left.

Comment

• it was one pound guys one pound the reason pac asked for it is bc he came in 6 pounds lighter in his previous fight
                    and yes i have cut weight before

Comment

• According to the fight contract, the Puerto Rican will be fined $1 million for every pound in excess of 145 lbs., The Philippine Star reported. Moreover, if Cotto goes a fraction beyond 147 lbs., Pacquiao’s trainer, Freddie Roach, reportedly said he would call off the bout.

Comment

Working...
                      X