No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Would Knock Froch Out, Catch Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Would Knock Froch Out, Catch Hopkins

On June 8th Adonis "Superman" Stevenson captured the WBC light heavyweight title in dramatic fashion by knocking Chad Dawson out a mere 76 seconds into their contest. Stevenson took a risk by moving up to 175 pounds when he already had a mandatory spot secured for a shot at the IBF super middleweight title.

On a recent appearance on BoxingScene Radio, Stevenson said that he never doubted that his power would carry up to the higher weight.

"I have power at 168 and 175. I knew I was going to catch him and I knew when I caught him I knew I would knock him out," Stevenson explained. [Click Here To Read More]

Hey Champ, don't waste the breath in you body speaking on or space in your head thinking about Carl Froch. You hit like a ****in' mule and Froch's defense is garbage. Therefore regardless of where you're willing to fight and whatever weight you're willing to make, you simply simply "won't bring enough revenue" for Mr Superstar to entertain the thought of fighting you.

Comment

I'd pick both to beat him, Froch fight would be action packed. It could end up like Hagler/Hearns or Tszyu/Philips, where the harder puncher gets overwhelmed and stopped by the more aggressive fighter.

Comment

i agree, Super man would whoop that ass!

Comment

Adonis is mentioning older boxers, like Froch and B-Hop...
          Does Adonis heard about the actual killer named Kovalev?

Comment

Pffft, the rapist get's mauled by Froch.

Power can get you big wins, especially against guys like Dawson who are chinny, but you're going to need more than that against an iron-chinned beast like Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Stevenson is a hypocrite.

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Pffft, the rapist get's mauled by Froch.

Power can get you big wins, especially against guys like Dawson who are chinny, but you're going to need more than that against an iron-chinned beast like Froch.
              Froch might keep him behind the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Stevenson and Froch are the same age both are 35 and will be 36 in the summer.

Comment

Guy thinks he's knocking out everyone in boxing now -- terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    Hey Champ, don't waste the breath in you body speaking on or space in your head thinking about Carl Froch. You hit like a ****in' mule and Froch's defense is garbage. Therefore regardless of where you're willing to fight and whatever weight you're willing to make, you simply simply "won't bring enough revenue" for Mr Superstar to entertain the thought of fighting you.
                    The reason Carl Froch get's the attention he gets is because he fights anyone anywhere any time no matter who it is, Froch will only ever struggle against someone with hand speed and good movement, Fighters that come forward and stand right in front of him will lose.

Froch struggled with : Andre ward, Andre Dirrel, Jermaine Taylor, Mikkel kessler 1 not so much Mikkel Kessler 2, All different but all share the same characteristics good speed good movement with a little pop.

From what I've seen of Stevenson pre Dawson is that he's more than capable of being knocked out himself he's there to be hit all day long and his defence is lacking there is only one fighter that's been k/o'd and it isn't Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X