No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nietes, Fuentes Go To War, Ends With a Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nietes, Fuentes Go To War, Ends With a Majority Draw

There was not an empty seat in sight at the Cebu Waterfront for Pinoy Pride 18 as Donnie Nietes retained his WBO Light Flyweight World Title but only courtesy of a majority draw with Mexican challenger Moises Fuentes.

The 12 rounds were simply not enough to separate these two champions (Fuentes holds the WBO Minimumweight World Title) and the night finished with both posing in the ring with their respective belts after one judge scored the fight 115-113 for Nietes and the other two had it dead even at 114-114.
    [Click Here To Read More]

the decison was BS imo , i had fuentes winning 8 rounds atleast..nietes stunned him a few times but was not follwoing up with combos.. fuentes body punches and activty should've gotten him the win..

servania looked ok but dont think he's ready for a world title...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      the decison was BS imo , i had fuentes winning 8 rounds atleast..nietes stunned him a few times but was not follwoing up with combos.. fuentes body punches and activty should've gotten him the win..

How did you watch it? I was up all night trying to find a stream.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
        How did you watch it? I was up all night trying to find a stream.
        went to a friend's house who has a pinoy channel ..it was live broadcast too...pretty good fight

had i found a link online , i would've pmed you it...

Comment

went to a friend's house who has a pinoy channel ..it was live broadcast too...pretty good fight

had i found a link online , i would've pmed you it...
          Cool. Hopefully someone uploads it soon sounds like it was a good fight.

Comment

Thanks for what it seems to be an honest opinion. I'd like to see this fight. Fuentes' team was objecting one of the judges fearing a hometown decision.

Comment

I'm watching the replay right now, will give my opinion later.

Comment

fuentes shouldve won.

Comment

I also sored it a draw.

Comment

For those who have TFC, their showing replay again. Its under cards right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X