Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Andre Dirrell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, this was the fight that I most wanted to see in the Super 6.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=400267
    Last edited by V.WEBB; 09-10-2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I've felt since beginning of the super six, Dirrell was the only guy that could beat Ward...

Comment

Just another less skilled Chad Dawson but at least he wouldn't be drained

Comment

Those two guys are friends. Dirrell has the skills but Ward is simply to good adjusting in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            Just another less skilled Chad Dawson but at least he wouldn't be drained
            Even as a big Chad fan, Dirrell is much more skilled.

It all depends on how Dirrell is these days, he's had a lot of time off again after his last long lay-off due to the head problems. If he's the same Dirrell as before, I honestly think it's a complete 50/50 fight.

Comment

I always felt Dirrell was a better fighter than Ward, people knock his mentality but he sticks to his plan which is a big plus against a guy like Ward, if Ward can't make a guy conform to what he wants then he has a chance to lose.

Dirrell is not an easy guy to dictate to, Ward can still win because if Dirrell does his thing the fight is likely to be close and ugly but with Ward's ability he could do enough to win rounds. On the flip side Dirrell can also win those rounds.

Also Dirrell is better than Dawson.

Comment

Andre Dirrell gotta let that Friendship crap go, save it for AFTER THE FIGHT...I know they been friends for a long time and all that but I feel like he would have WAY TOO MUCH RESPECT for Ward

But he does have the Physical Tools, but he needs 2-3 Big Fights in that Division before stepping up against Ward, either another fight with Abraham or Froch and a fight with maybe Kessler or Bute, maybe even someone like Kelly Pavlik, a win over them would really make people excited about that fight...but he been just too inactive now to throw him in with Ward anytime soon and expect him to compete
                Last edited by sicko; 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Yea, really Ward needs Dirrell to start taking care of business again to make people think of him as a big time fighter.

It would be pretty dumb for Ward to fight Dirrell until that happens, because he is one of the few guys that could really raise his stock further but that can't happen until Dirrell is thought of more highly.

Comment

Ward obviously is becoming a better finisher. Dirrell would be knocked out in 7 or 8. Dirrell has a below average chin and wavering stamina. Ward will make the fight rough and then we'll have to listen to Andre complain to the ref four rounds. Dirrell doesnt have enough dog in him to beat Ward.

Comment

Dirrell has no chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X