Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ponce de Leon be Broner's Castillo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Ponce de Leon be Broner's Castillo?

When Floyd Mayweather's resume is discussed you often hear people bring up the first fight with Jose Luis Castillo, Floyd's closest fight to date and one many feel he came up short.

Adrien Broner, a new up and coming fighter with superstar potential had a close fight of his own with Daniel Ponce de Leon, a fight many feel he lost.

Will this Ponce de Leon fight haunt Broner the rest of his career? Does he need to hold a rematch to settle the score?

What's your thoughts?
    No Broner was the clear winner. Time to Move on.
    8.33%
    The fighIt was close but Broner did enough to win. No rematch needed
    29.17%
    Fight was close. Rematch Needed to settle the score
    8.33%
    Ponce Clearly won and Broner has to grant him a rematch
    41.67%
    Broner is overrated and will be exposed down the line anyway
    8.33%
    Fight was uneventful and i don't care to see it again
    4.17%

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    When Floyd Mayweather's resume is discussed you often hear people bring up the first fight with Jose Luis Castillo, Floyd's closest fight to date and one many feel he came up short.

Adrien Broner, a new up and coming fighter with superstar potential had a close fight of his own with Daniel Ponce de Leon, a fight many feel he lost.

Will this Ponce de Leon fight haunt Broner the rest of his career? Does he need to hold a rematch to settle the score?

What's your thoughts?
    not the same situation. so no.

Comment

Not the same level of fight though. Castillo is a potential HOF fighter, was the #1 LW in the world.

But in the sense of "Well Floyd had a really close fight, could have lost to Castillo the frist fight", than yes it's similar. I think Broner should rematch him at some point. It was a close fight. Could easily see a draw or slight win for either fighter.

Comment

It wasn't close to the robbery people make it out to be.

It's just one of those close fights where no matter what, somebody would be unhappy with the decision

Comment

ponce de leon beat broner, unlike moneymay vs castillo it was close, i thought castillo won it but i dont think its a bad decision for moneymay

Comment

Broner took over the fight and landed the far better shots IMO.

Broner has shown significant improvement sine then. I would like to see the rematch to shut people up but I know what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              ponce de leon beat broner, unlike moneymay vs castillo it was close, i thought castillo won it but i dont think its a bad decision for moneymay
              Both fights were close, but Mayweather-Castillo I was a far far far bigger fight in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

When you're a prospect and have a 'close' fight vs Ponce then you deserve the L.

Ponce is so 1 dimensional and uncoordinated.

Comment

Its just one of those instances where boxer "A" didnt do as well as expected and boxer "B" did better than expected. Every boxer has that one guy or style (sometimes multiple), that he struggles with. Broner still landed more and better shots and seemed to control the fight.

In Floyds case he won in the judges(only people who matter) eyes because he beat Castillo at his own game. People who are bias and expected a certain outcome pre fight (fans, commentators, etc) feel Floyd lost because he wasnt as dominate as he was in previous fights and Castillo did better than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                    Its just one of those instances where boxer "A" didnt do as well as expected and boxer "B" did better than expected. Every boxer has that one guy or style (sometimes multiple), that he struggles with. Broner still landed more and better shots and seemed to control the fight.

In Floyds case he won in the judges(only people who matter) eyes because he beat Castillo at his own game. People who are bias and expected a certain outcome pre fight (fans, commentators, etc) feel Floyd lost because he wasnt as dominate as he was in previous fights and Castillo did better than expected.

Hell yeah. Just happened this past week with people handing Cotto rounds cause he did better than expected

Comment

Working...
                    X