Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers that are keeping the SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley? The guy is a brawler, maybe a brawler with better attributes than most (handspeed, power) but he the prototypical brawler.

Good thread though, I agree with what you're saying. Although I appreciate all forms of boxing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Mosley? The guy is a brawler, maybe a brawler with better attributes than most (handspeed, power) but he the prototypical brawler.

Good thread though, I agree with what you're saying. Although I appreciate all forms of boxing as well.
      Mosley is not a brawler, he is what you call a boxer puncher. All though he will stand and trade at times,he still applies the SWEET SCIENCE method of making you miss while hes trading, his head moment is one of the best in the game. Dont get it twisted, Moesly is a very good boxer, he just also chooses to fight at moments, espeacially when he thinks he got you hurt!.

Comment

Originally posted by knockuthefukout View Post
        anyway as for the topic...jmm and mayweather are at the very top of course

after that then i would go with ward and chad dawson, then you have the younger up and coming fighters like broner, lundy, russell jr...i would also put in mikey garcia in that young group as well, the dude has the potential to be a excellent all around fighter, he is very patent and a excellent young counter puncher

also robert guerrero has very good boxing skills, also carlos molina...despite the way he fought last week, but against lara and cintron, he showed very good boxing skills and even at times against kirkland when he wasn't clinching he was still out-boxing kirkland

also gabriel campillo, he gets robbed all the time but he even out-boxed most of the fighters he "lost" to

so for the ignorant people who think "sweet science" "slick" "boxer" is mostly just talking about...black american fighters...your ignorant and you need to learn more about this sport you claim your a fan of

brawlers are brawlers because they don't have talent, speed, reflexes or footwork to be a boxer...if they had those things do you honestly think they would be a brawler? Hell no! Nobody wants to get blasted in the face for 12 rounds, nobody is given a fighting style, you develop a fighting style around your natural abilities then, once you figure out the things you can and can't do that is when you fight style starts to develop
        100% Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
          Dude I give up, your not making any sense. Im not argueing if those guys were ATGs. You dont have to be a master of the SWEET SCIENCE TO BE AN ATG.I see you dont know the difference between brawlers and boxers. Brawling is one aspect of "FIGHTING" in the sport of boxing, but brawling and boxing are like apples and oranges, there completely the oppisite of each other. Its two completely differrent styles. Boxng is the style of avoiding punishment, brawling is the style of welcoming and accepting punishment. There are many brawlers that are concider to be ATGs, but SWEET SCIENCE is what seperates the sport of boxing from all other fightng sports.
          That sentence doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm not talking about boxing as a style, I'm talking about the sport of boxing AKA pugilism. This sport has many different aspects and style, there is not one style that is superior to the other, that's why it's such a great sport.

Comment

Heres a shot out to the boxers carring the torch, keeping THE SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE! Hank Lundy,The Dirrell Brothers,Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez,Floyd Mayweather,Adrian Broner,Klitscho Bros, Gary Russell Jr,Nonito Donaire,Jab Judah, Juan Manuel Marquez,Tim Bradley,Chad Dawson,Bernard Hopkins,David Haye,Yuriokis Gamboa, and Shane Mosley.
            Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            ...JMM and Mayweather are at the very top of course

after that then i would go with Ward and Chad Dawson, then you have the younger up and coming fighters like Broner, Lundy, Russell Jr...I would also put in Mikey Garcia in that young group as well,

also Robert Guerrero has very good Boxing SKILLS, also Carlos Molina.

also Gabriel Campillo
            So far in appreciating the sweet science the fighters who have been mentioned are...

Lundy
            Dirrel brothers
            Ward
            Martinez
            Mayweather
            Broner
            Klitschko brothers
            Russell
            Donaire
            Judah
            Marquez
            Bradley
            Dawson
            Hopkins
            Haye
            Gamboa
            Mosley
            Garcia
            Guerrero
            Campillo

22 fighters have been mentioned. Yet no one mentioned one who is the closest thing to Whitaker that we got.

Guys like Judah and Mosley were mentioned FFS's.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              22 fighters have been mentioned. Yet no one mentioned one who is the closest thing to Whitaker that we got.
              Yup Moreno should have been mentioned, as well as Pirog and Sillakh.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                That sentence doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm not talking about boxing as a style, I'm talking about the sport of boxing AKA pugilism. This sport has many different aspects and style, there is not one style that is superior to the other, that's why it's such a great sport.
                I think you are getting form mixed up with style. Boxer and Brawler are forms of fighting. The stance,hand and elbow placment,and movement is what makes up the style. Floyd Mayweather and Roy Jones Jr are both boxers by form but they have different styles. Floyds style is the philly shell, while Roys style have been called both the Mummy style and the chicken, based on the way he positions his hands and arms up high. Boxing form will always be superior to Brawling. There are many different styles of boxing and many different styles of brawling. But the Boxer generally has the advantage over the brawler because of the thinking and defense involved. Just look at the fights were both forms were on display against each other, Look at who won. In each of the fights below, the boxer defeated the Brawler with ease. Occasionally the brawler will get lucky and land the ko punch, or the boxer will run out of gas,thus, forcing him to brawl wth the Brawler. But usually when the degree of fighters are equal and on level playing feilds the boxer will defeat the brawler, and rightly so, after all BOXING is the name of the game!

Ali vs Foreman
                Tyson Vs Buster douglas
                Mayweather vs Diego Corrales
                Pacquiao vs Marquez 3
                Roy Jones vs Vinny Pas
                Lennox Lewis VS Tua
                Paul williams vs Margarita
                Nonto Donaire vs Vic D
                Devron Alexander vs juan Urango
                Tommy Hearns vs Roberto Duran
                Leonard vs Hagler
                Klitscho vs Samuel Peter
                Andre Dirrell vs Arthur Abraham
                Chad Dawson Vs Glen Johnson

The SWEET SCIENCE has proven over and over that the boxing form is Superior to the Brawling form.
                Last edited by SWEETSCIENCE100; 03-31-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Yup Moreno should have been mentioned, as well as Pirog and Sillakh.
                  I just named a few! Thats the reason for the post son. If you want to name some that you think are keeping the SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE then this is the thread to give them thier props. I gave some of the biggest names out thier right now but that is not all of them. There are a few more that are practing the SWEET SCIENCE! Post some vids showing the fighters you think are keeping TSC alive, in action showcasing thier skills.At the very least it will further explain to some of these young idiots what being a boxer means.Anyone can learn to fight/brawl, but only a chosen few can be taught to box.

Comment

I think you are getting form mixed up with style. Boxer and Brawler are forms of fighting.
                    What sport do brawlers practice?

Ali vs Foreman Ali vs Frazier
                    Tyson Vs Buster douglas Tyson Vs Holmes & Spinks
                    Mayweather vs Diego Corrales Mayweather vs Castillo
                    Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 Pacquiao vs Barrera
                    Lennox Lewis VS Tua Lewis vs Rahman 1
                    Paul williams vs Margarita Margarito vs Cotto
                    Nonto Donaire vs Vic D Donaire vs Concepcion
                    Devron Alexander vs juan Urango Alexander vs Matthysse
                    Tommy Hearns vs Roberto Duran Hearns vs Hagler
                    Leonard vs Hagler Leonard vs Duran 1
                    Klitscho vs Samuel Peter Wlad Klitschko vs Sanders
                    Andre Dirrell vs Arthur Abraham Dirrell vs Froch
                    Chad Dawson Vs Glen Johnson Dawson vs Pascal

The SWEET SCIENCE has proven over and over that the boxing form is Superior to the Brawling form.
                    In red I gave you examples of boxers struggling or losing against brawlers or unorthodox fighters.

Boxing is more complex than "skills pay the bills" "hit and don't get hit" and all those overused catch phrases.

Comment

this guy said Shane Mosley???lol

Comment

Working...
                      X