No announcement yet.

sick vid: reaction of sugar on sound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick vid: reaction of sugar on sound

Just saw it other day, thought I should post it here. this is pretty cool and no idea how to explain this

Impressive result from the experiment. Amazing how one seemingly frivilous question (How does suger react to sound?) could lead to this answer and open the door to more questions (Why and how does it form the particular patterns it does? What patterns in the universe resemble these patterns? etc.) and answers that can lead to more impressive results.

Comment

my physics teacher did that she used sand tho

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Impressive result from the experiment. Amazing how one seemingly frivilous question (How does suger react to sound?) could lead to this answer and open the door to more questions (Why and how does it form the particular patterns it does? What patterns in the universe resemble these patterns? etc.) and answers that can lead to more impressive results.
        true that. scientists always have some sick things to show us, this 1 is good one.

Comment

thanks for sharing

Comment

thats pretty awesome man. would love to watch/ do that myself.

Comment

So what does this explain that different tones of sound make different patterns out of matter? Pretty cool to see that I wonder if it is a completely flat surface

Comment

Its the waves converging and canceling each other that causes the pattern. as the frequency changes the area in which this happens changes and new patterns are formed.

Comment

Working...
                X