Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a British boxer, who would you sign with and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were a British boxer, who would you sign with and why?

Warren...Sorry "W. Promotions"...Matchroom, Maloney?
    Or an American promoter like Ogogo did?

If a big American promoter came knocking i'd go with them.

But of UK based, has to be either Hennessy (providing guarantee about appearing on C5) or Matchroom with their Sky Sports deal.

Malony just cant guarantee the exposure, and Warren's Boxnation network just doesnt get enough viewers (though getting regular dates wouldnt be a problem i suppose).

Comment

If I thought I was good enough to get to the top I'd go with the Hearns as I think they are willing to take risks and get you the fights

If I was decent but needed looking after then warren as he knows how to keep average fighters unbeaten

Comment

Hearns or Hennessey just for the TV exposure.

Comment

Hearn-he's smart and is willing to put his fighters in risky fights more than the other 2,plus he's not a dick

Comment

It almost certainly has to be Hearn.

He has the Sky contract, he's a genuine boxing enthusiast and has the wider financial and administrative resources of his father's Sports Network empire which is profitable and professional. It is also noticeable that Hearn has yet to have had a major falling-out with any of his fighters; always a good sign.

Mick H and Frank W next - their businesses are built around boxing, they have smaller but still creditable broadcasting outlets, both men are experienced and genuinely know the business.

Things then begin to look rather thin with Frank Maloney, the Hattons and Hayemaker all in the running but not really in a position to make you a TV star or stadium filler.

Comment

Eddie Hearn because he is bringing a new and fresh attitude and approach to the sport. He seems to genuinely care about his fighters which is shown through the fact that most of them seem to be good friends with him.

Comment

Hearn or Warren.

Comment

Definitely Hearn. He seems passionate about his boxers.

With Warren nowadays you see the inside of a courtroom more than you do a boxing ring. Allegedly.

Hearn is to Warren what Warren was to Duff.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                    With Warren nowadays you see the inside of a courtroom more than you do a boxing ring. Allegedly.
                    Phew, lucky you snuck that in there, Warren was about to sue your ass for slander lol.

For me it'd be Hearn for the reasons others have mentioned. I was sceptical of him at first, but he seems refreshingly honest which makes a nice change from all the bull**** we're usually fed.

Actually, I'd sign with any promoter around the world just to get away from these British refs!

"Touch gloves lads"
                    *John Keane's having a close look... he's waved it off!*

Comment

Working...
                    X