No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Frenkel vs Silvio Branco Clash is Called Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander Frenkel vs Silvio Branco Clash is Called Off

Alexander Frenkel's defense of the EBU cruiserweight title against Silvio Branco, that first was postponed and then set for July 22 in Civitavecchia, Italy, is now off completely. The EBU has subsequently removed the 44-year old Branco from the mandatory challenger position. OPI 2000, who promote Branco, confirms the fight is off but declined to give any reason for the cancellation.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good. This was a silly mismatch between a big puncher at or near his prime and a 44 year old who has no business in the ring with a legitimate contender. Frenkel would have won by early KO

Comment

Good news, because this would have been a sickening mismatch.

I'd like to see Frenkel in with a top ten cruiserweight.

Comment

Poor Frenkel. He just might be the next big thing and he cannot seem to get back in the ring. His power is just plain awesome. Hope he returns soon and I'd love to see a fight with Marco Huck in a years time.

Comment

To be fair, despite awesome power, Enzo Mac was outboxing him for large chunks of their match and on his way to a points victory. Obviously Frenkel got the big KO, but he wasn't pounding him every round dominating the match. Still he is young and improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
            To be fair, despite awesome power, Enzo Mac was outboxing him for large chunks of their match and on his way to a points victory. Obviously Frenkel got the big KO, but he wasn't pounding him every round dominating the match. Still he is young and improving.
            I thought that most people over sold how well Mac did. The thing most impressive to me in that fight was Frenkel's defense he managed to roll with, slip, block most of the shots that people were giving Mac credit for.

He is rated in the top 5 in three organizations but i bet he will end up fighting in an eliminator in the WBA first. Him and Kayode are the top 2 that would be an exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
              Him and Kayode are the top 2 that would be an exciting fight.
              That would be a good matchup!

Comment

Alexander "Bad Luck" Frenkel

is a good fighter, too bad he is a Sauerland Event fighter, like the rest of the top of the cruiserweight division: Steve Cunningham (IBF), Marco Huck (WBO), Pablo Hernandez (WBA interim). Sauerland has never matched his top fighters against eachother.

Hernandez is going for the WBA champion Jones.
                There is also Wlodarczyk (WBC), but doubt he want some piece of Frenkel.

Comment

Working...
                X