No announcement yet.

De La Hoya: "Willing To Go To 154 To Face Trinidad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De La Hoya: "Willing To Go To 154 To Face Trinidad"

Oscar De La Hoya, in an interview with Robert Morales of the LA Daily News said that he is willing to fight Felix Trinidad, but not at the middleweight level. Oscar is willing to go as high as 154 pounds in order to make the fight happen. Oscar said that he may not fight until 2006. [details]

Oscar Has The Chance To Have The Crown Back,that Is If He Got The Focus Pierce As The Pacman Does In The Ring. Box As As Tyson Did,but Follow Sugar Ray's Speed & Duran's Movility. Tht's All .tanx

Comment

Thats why his career is questioned ... everytime a good matchup comes along that people want to see because they believe it will be a great fight he dismisses the possibility. He is only going to keep fighting fighters from his little circle i bet (vargas, trinidad, mosley, KT). I just dont wanna see people get mad when his career is questioned because he dismissed possibilities of fighting perceived dangerous opposition.

DLH might not fight till 2006 he should just retire.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::.
        Thats why his career is questioned ... everytime a good matchup comes along that people want to see because they believe it will be a great fight he dismisses the possibility. He is only going to keep fighting fighters from his little circle i bet (vargas, trinidad, mosley, KT). I just dont wanna see people get mad when his career is questioned because he dismissed possibilities of fighting perceived dangerous opposition.

DLH might not fight till 2006 he should just retire.
        I really don't think that criticism is legitimate.

Comment

hey

i dont like oscar delahoya, well atleast not wen he fought hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by ZEZ
            Oscar Has The Chance To Have The Crown Back,that Is If He Got The Focus Pierce As The Pacman Does In The Ring. Box As As Tyson Did,but Follow Sugar Ray's Speed & Duran's Movility. Tht's All .tanx
            Hunh? Excuse me? I think you just said, "English is not my first language".

Oh.

Comment

Yeah, it sounds silly for him to say, 2006 but that's just his way of bull****ting his prospects into compromising unnecessarily. Smaller Ring, bigger gloves, more money, less money ... whatever edge he can get, whatever concession he'll take it.

I think it's also his way of saying, "I'm damn near done with this ****" but irregardless(and I'm no big fan of his), I think his career is solidly got him enshrined in the HOF, easily.

By the time half this year is over he'll also know whether any of his big money rivals(Hopkins, Trinidad, etc.) has fallen off or suffered defeats and in either case will be raring to go then.

Comment

Originally posted by ZEZ
                so pacs got super focus?
                cough Pool, **** fights, reality shows, commercials, missing meetings
                he has the box of tyson
                tyson was no boxer
                durans movility
                mobility
                and even then from what i remember of manos de piedra
                he didnt have much mobility
                just solid strait forward moving kinda guy
                so u got rays speed right
                so ur 1 for 4

Comment

Originally posted by L8RG8R
                  I really don't think that criticism is legitimate.
                  I think it is dude. I mean arent u tired of these guys just fighting each other and not any up and coming prospects that are gonna put it all out on the line to reach the top? And that are gonna bring out their desire and make these guys who "just want big fights" like dlh dig deep?

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::.
                    I think it is dude. I mean arent u tired of these guys just fighting each other and not any up and coming prospects that are gonna put it all out on the line to reach the top? And that are gonna bring out their desire and make these guys who "just want big fights" like dlh dig deep?
                    I understand what you are saying, I just think that when his career is finished and we look back at his resume, it going to be difficult to make a case that the guy ducked people and didn't take on the top competition. I mean James Leija, Julio Cesar Chavez, Miguel Angel Gonzalez, Pernell Whitaker, Hector Camacho, Ike Quartey, Felix Trinidad, Shane Mosely, Arturo Gatti, Fernando Vargas, Felix Sturm, Bernard Hopkins...the list goes on.

That's pretty impressive, no?

Comment

Working...
                    X