No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Knocks Angel Martinez Out in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I think Maidana-Thurman is next. That'll be a damn war. Paulie seems content fighting a shot to pieces Mosley, who hasn't looked good in damn near 4 years.
    It wouldn't be a war.

I haven't watched this Maidana Martinez fight yet, but from past performances, I can tell you that Keith will outbox Maidana and KO him easy.

Thurman is bigger, stronger, younger, hungrier, etc.

People seem to think Keith can't box, but he's a phenomenal boxer with a TON of ring intelligence. I just don't think Maidana has it in him to face a fighter like Keith.

Comment

The only person in boxing who gets up from a body shot like that is Maidana himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
        And 8000 seats in Argentina revenue terms is probably like 800 in the US.
        4 Argentine pesos = 1 U.S. dollar, so I think if you can fill an auditorium you can make good money fighting there. 13 Mexican pesos = 1 dollar and Mexican fighters make really good money fighting in Mexico.

Comment

I think many people here are over celebrating this KO victory of Maidana. Angel Martinez is ranked #451 in the lists of "boxrec". Before yesterday, his record was 13-3-1 and had lost his last 4 previous fights: he had 3 losses (2 by KO) and one draw (against a boxer with losing record). In addition Maidana fought in Argentina thus realistically Martinez was taken there ensuring an easy victory for Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
            I think many people here are over celebrating this KO victory of Maidana. Angel Martinez is ranked #451 in the lists of "boxrec". Before yesterday, his record was 13-3-1 and he had not won his last 4 previous fights: he had 3 losses (2 by KO) and one draw (against a boxer with losing record). In addition Maidana fought in Argentina thus realistically Martinez was taken there ensuring an easy victory for Maidana.
            Correction to had not won 4 last previous fights.

Comment

Working...
            X