Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Internet is an ugly, ugly place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] The Internet is an ugly, ugly place.

I just visit a website called chimpout that is dedicated to hating African Americans. I've never seen such disgusting comments on a website in my life. I understand that these people are keyboard cowards and they would never say such things in real life but I think these sites should be shut down or kept private so children don't see them. This is how kids grow up to become racist.

So what exactly brought you to that site? Were you just at the house and starting thinking to yourself "You know, i'm in the mood for some good old fashioned kneegrow hating, let's see what the web has to offer"?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger H:) View Post
      I just visit a website called chimpout that is dedicated to hating African Americans. I've never seen such disgusting comments on a website in my life. I understand that these people are keyboard cowards and they would never say such things in real life but I think these sites should be shut down or kept private so children don't see them. This is how kids grow up to become racist.
      If you have a child in a home with internet access, you can block stuff like that.

People who are into that type of lifestyle, or whatever you want to call it, shouldn't have to worry about their freedom of speech, because someone's child is surfing the internet unsupervised and unfiltered.

Same goes with diet, TV, what your kid wears, etc.

If you want to use children as the excuse for shutting down someone else's voice, then you should make it the parent's responsibility to monitor what their children are exposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        So what exactly brought you to that site? Were you just at the house and starting thinking to yourself "You know, i'm in the mood for some good old fashioned kneegrow hating, let's see what the web has to offer"?
        There was an NPR blog about how crossfit is a racist cult. I googled "crossfit racist" and it led me to that site.

Comment

Ok, you can control what your kid sees at home but what about when that child it a tfriends house?

Comment

It think freedom of speech should be taken away when it comes down to racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              It could be an inferiority complex. There is absolutely no need to feel that way, triggerhappy.

Comment

It only has 6,808 members.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger H:) View Post
                  Ok, you can control what your kid sees at home but what about when that child it a tfriends house?
                  You have to think about whether they're good company for your kid. If yes, then it's unlikely they'll come across something of that nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                    You have to think about whether they're good company for your kid. If yes, then it's unlikely they'll come across something of that nature.
                    Did you purposely change your avatar of the chimpout logo to to mess with me?

Comment

Working...
                    X