No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander's Trainer Breaks Down The Maidana Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander's Trainer Breaks Down The Maidana Victory

BoxingScene.com recently caught up with Kevin Cunningham who trains and manages former unified junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander who is coming off of a dominate victory over Marcos Maidana. Coming into the fight the Argentine had suffered only two losses in his career. Both of those defeats were close points losses against former champions Andriy Kotelnik and Amir Khan.

[Click Here To Read More]

If he had listened to Cunningham, who just kept telling him to tap Maidana two times and run, Alexander wouldn't have looked as impressive.

Comment

Never seen a trainer annoy me so much as this guy, I hear he use to be a police officer (No freaking way!!!)

Comment

overrated performance by the hbo crew and cunningham towards alexander. hit and clinch tactics all night long. smoger did a horrible job, should've taken a point or two away from alexander for the clinching and for the 3 intentional punches to the back of the head. alexander was beat at the hit and clinch game versus bradley. i can see khan,ortiz,and berto easily dominating alexander.

Comment

Alexander did dominate. He also did clinch like a Klitscho or even more. Smoger did nothing about it. Alexander tired Maidanna with his tactics. Maidanna did nothing to counter the clinching. Alexander had perfect fight plan. Clinch, flurry, Clinch again, jab, move, clinch, flurry...repeat..Credit is due to Alexander and his team..

Comment

If Alexander fought Khan, you think Khan's pushes would neutralize his clinches?
            Both fast, both throw a lot of punches.... *****, i'd watch

Comment

So what people want to see a rematch?!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                If Alexander fought Khan, you think Khan's pushes would neutralize his clinches?
                Both fast, both throw a lot of punches.... *****, i'd watch
                I'd watch it too. I see Devon picking up the WBA title soon and I reckon we might see that fight down the line

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  I'd watch it too. I see Devon picking up the WBA title soon and I reckon we might see that fight down the line
                  Is Pualie still fighting Senchenko?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Is Pualie still fighting Senchenko?
                    Yes I believe so, although I just been passing through last few weeks so I might have missed something. But last I heard it was still on. Devon vs paulie if paulie can get through Ukraine. And Devon would beat paulie

Comment

Working...
                    X