No announcement yet.

Jirov vs Thomas Adamek ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jirov vs Thomas Adamek ?

Jirov vs Thomas Adamek, who would win this all out war ? this would be a tremendous fight.

I think Jirov was a better boxer overall. I haven't been greatly impressed by Adamek to be honest, I see him as being slightly overrated. He's good, but I had him losing most of the rounds against Cunningham, and of course Dawson.

I think Jirov was naturally bigger, a harder puncher, higher workrate also, I think he'd take a clear decision based upon landing the cleaner, more effective punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      I think Jirov was a better boxer overall. I haven't been greatly impressed by Adamek to be honest, I see him as being slightly overrated. He's good, but I had him losing most of the rounds against Cunningham, and of course Dawson.

I think Jirov was naturally bigger, a harder puncher, higher workrate also, I think he'd take a clear decision based upon landing the cleaner, more effective punches.
      I think also that Jirov would be too much for Adamek. He is naturally bigger, never fought below cruiserweight and has that incredible ferociousness and endurance. He really fights like a tiger. Adamek is tough too, but not tough enough I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

I dont know much of Jirov outside of his fight with Toney but.....

To his credit Adamek was not a small LHW, he was a pretty big LHW that prolly should of been fighting at CW if the truth be known.

Lets be fair to the guy though, Dawson and Cunningham are very good technical fighters, particularly Dawson and i think Adamek was struggling at the weight then to.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
          I think also that Jirov would be too much for Adamek. He is naturally bigger, never fought below cruiserweight and has that incredible ferociousness and endurance. He really fights like a tiger. Adamek is tough too, but not tough enough I think.
          Have you ever seen Adamek's fights with Paul Briggs ? this guy is as tough as they come, so is Jirov but i would not underestimate this guys toughness. I would say Adamek has a better resume to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Have you ever seen Adamek's fights with Paul Briggs ? this guy is as tough as they come, so is Jirov but i would not underestimate this guys toughness. I would say Adamek has a better resume to.
            Adamek never fought Toney. Or Mesi, for that sake. Mesi was in his prime in that fight, yet Jirov nearly stopped him. Mesi hit harder than Briggs.

Comment

Adamek never fought Toney. Or Mesi, for that sake. Mesi was in his prime in that fight, yet Jirov nearly stopped him. Mesi hit harder than Briggs.
              Toney beat Jirov though.

Comment

Toney beat Jirov though.
                Yes, but not without problems. That fight was closer than the scorecards indicated. Had Jirov not been dropped in the last round, it would be closer.

Comment

Yes, but not without problems. That fight was closer than the scorecards indicated. Had Jirov not been dropped in the last round, it would be closer.
                  Thats true. I think Toney got more credit than he deserved in some of the rounds he took, that said i still think had it gone to the scorecards Toney would of just edged it, that KD came about because Jirov fought so hard, he had spent himself trying so hard to win that he was fatigued.

Comment

Thats true. I think Toney got more credit than he deserved in some of the rounds he took, that said i still think had it gone to the scorecards Toney would of just edged it, that KD came about because Jirov fought so hard, he had spent himself trying so hard to win that he was fatigued.
                    Yes, Jirov took the wrong tactic. Had he not been so persistent in his constant attack and instead took a step back and let Toney open up a bit and come forward, he might've won. You can't break down Toney just like that. Nobody ever did.

Comment

Working...
                    X