Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley's Victory Smeared With Wide Controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley's Victory Smeared With Wide Controversy

By Jake Donovan - Manny Pacquiao vowed to not enter the ring until his beloved Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat were done with Game 7 of the NBA Eastern Conference finals, to the point of delaying the start time of his fight with Tim Bradley by more than 30 minutes.

An hour after watching the Celtics’ season end, Pacquaio saw his own evening suffer a similar fate.

Unlike the game that put the Miami Heat back in the NBA Finals, Pacquiao’s fall was mired in controversy. The Filipino superstar landed on the wrong end of a controversial split decision loss to Tim Bradley in their HBO PPV headliner Saturday evening at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Major outrage followed the final verdict, but who was actually winning the rounds came down to preference. Bradley admittedly gave away too many moments in the opening rounds, as his best sequences were often met with straight left hands from the longtime pound-for-pound entrant. One such shot put Bradley on his heels late in the first, though he believes its damage was overstated. [Click Here To Read More]

To his credit, Bradley did say he'd rematch Pacman before the fight took place (obviously if he won).

Comment

thank god i didnt buy this fight!!!

Comment

Marquez win over Pacquiao was way more clear.
        But Props to Bradley , Pacquiao should retire.

Comment

karma for the JMM fights...LOL

i wish i could of seen Arum face when the decision was read. FU Arum you scum.

Comment

Marquez is probably pissed!!

Comment

One of the biggest robberies of all time

Shocking scoring by the judges!!!

Maybe should not be that surprised considering some of the calls by the judges though.

Pacquiao dominated the early and mid round, Bradley came back at the end when Manny took his foot of the gas but you would still struggle to give Bradley more than 3 round in this fight.

But the judges had it 115-113 for Pacquiao, 115-113 for Bradley and 115-113 for Bradley.

Bradley looked as shocked as anyone else when he was announced the winner and was still in shock when given the interviews.

Pacquiao landed more punches got hit less, landed the cleaner punches, the harder punches, was more accurate, controlled the ring more.

Bradley was hurt several times in the fight was on shaky legs, Pacquiao never hurt never troubled.

Some of the scores from Press row

Associated Press: 117-111 Pac
              SB Nation: 117 -111 Pac
              LA Times: 117-111 Pac
              USA Today: 118-110 Pac

Some quotes

"It's either corruption or incompetence." - ESPN's Teddy Atlas [Not Pacquiao's biggest fan]
              HBO's Jim Lampley referred to it as the "worst scoring he has every seen."
              "People, a great sport is now on a respirator. Boxing is presently a polluted playing field in every respect. Tonight was PAR FIR THE COURSE." - Lou DiBella
              "Okay well maybe not worse than my draw with Holyfield but still bad nonetheless!" - Lennox Lewis
              "Bradley by split decision. I AM SHOCKED. I dont even know what to say." - ESPN's Dan Rafael [Tipped Bradley to win on Points]

Rafael, who tipped Bradley to win on pts, had Pacquiao winning 119-109

Bradley 159/839
              Pacquiao 253/751

Pacquiao landing nearly 100 more punches and a lot higher connect percentage.

Comment

Obviously I'm not a Pacroid fan but c'mon son, this has Arum's fingerprints all over it. Marquez beat Roid last fight and you mean to tell me Bradley looked remotely better??? I'm still dumbfounded.

Comment

Arum's agenda is becoming pretty clear- he wants to replace Pacquiao.

That's why he made him look like a religious fanatic, and thats why he let him think he had extra time before the fight started.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
                    Marquez win over Pacquiao was way more clear.
                    But Props to Bradley , Pacquiao should retire.
                    IMO Marquez won a close fight over Pacquiao but Pacquiao dominated this fight over Bradley. Very different in that aspect.

Comment

Working...
                    X