Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to take take a religion serious,When u call a priest father.And u
    admit ur sins to them.

Comment

i grew up going to catholic churches. they never sat well with me. they operate like they're infallible. from the time i was a young man i realized that it was just a collection of men, no different from my own father.

these guys aren't divine. they're men.

i hope they're spot on with their faith, too. they'll end up in hell if that's the case. abusing little boys? that's got to set you up for an eternity of torture, considering that something so petty as not being catholic, or believing in god, is considered a sin in catholicism.

it's a horrifically dated institution. religion isn't the issue. it's how religions operate and what they do that's an issue. the catholic church operates like it's the arm of god. it's not. it was permeated by evil men that raped boys, and other evil men who covered it up and allowed it to continue. there's nothing divine in that.

again, i hope these priests are spot on in their faith, that they'll be judged when they die, and that they're made to pay for the rape of kids over the course of eternity. i hope their punishment is brutish and long.
      Last edited by New England; 10-01-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
        Hard to take take a religion serious,When u call a priest father.And u
        admit ur sins to them.

some priests are very good men, with a wealth of experience in helping people. they've seen people through some awful stuff, and they take those experiences with them in helping others.

they give up a huge part of their lives and dedicate it to the benefit of others. some of them are great men.

that said, they're not preordained to be good men simply because they're priests. that's the issue here. these guys were seen as unable to do wrong, when the reality was that they were committing some of greatest sin you can commit, raping a young person. furthermore, to protect the church, these guys were allowed to continue raping by their superiors. that's what's gross about all of this.

this is essentially penn state on a world wide level, with a coverup reaching much further than the president of a state college.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Read Aleister Crowley's work, you'll find your answer
          Could you give a couple details, or recommend a paper?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Read Aleister Crowley's work, you'll find your answer
            I have Book of Lies. But i really cant be arsed with a book about bull****.

And im not reading his whole body of work because of this thread. Dont suppose u could kindly summarize which part u think is relevant?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i grew up going to catholic churches. they never sat well with me. they operate like they're infallible. from the time i was a young man i realized that it was just a collection of men, no different from my own father.

these guys aren't divine. they're men.

i hope they're spot on with their faith, too. they'll end up in hell if that's the case. abusing little boys? that's got to set you up for an eternity of torture, considering that something so petty as not being catholic, or believing in god, is considered a sin in catholicism.

it's a horrifically dated institution. religion isn't the issue. it's how religions operate and what they do that's an issue. the catholic church operates like it's the arm of god. it's not. it was permeated by evil men that raped boys, and other evil men who covered it up and allowed it to continue. there's nothing divine in that.

again, i hope these priests are spot on in their faith, that they'll be judged when they die, and that they're made to pay for the rape of kids over the course of eternity. i hope their punishment is brutish and long.
                Yes religion is the issue. You stated that with the bold.

But what really boggles my mind is how a religion with such a harsh stance against ****sexuality seems to have such a high number of gay puedo priests who love little boy.

Just about every story i hear on this subject involves priests with boys

Comment

One of the things that I always find striking about these reports is the degree to which the apparent allowance for "self-governance" on the part of of the institution seems evident. These are in fact very serious criminal matters, but there is rarely any mention of any sort of criminal proceedings. The wording in this article is such as that the church just deals with everything itself.

“It can take the victims or survivors decades, if ever, to report,” said Judy Courtin, who is researching abuse in the Catholic Church. “It's interesting that it has taken the threat of a parliamentary inquiry ... for the Church to finally come up with the stats.

Australia’s Catholic Church has struggled to come to grips with continuing revelations about widespread sexual abuse and cover-ups by its clergy. In the largest state of New South Wales, the church is conducting an internal inquiry but the government has resisted calls for a royal commission.

The Victorian church's submission was not released in full and has prompted calls for a broader inquiry into its history of abuses and responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    One of the things that I always find striking about these reports is the degree to which the apparent allowance for "self-governance" on the part of of the institution seems evident. These are in fact very serious criminal matters, but there is rarely any mention of any sort of criminal proceedings. The wording in this article is such as that the church just deals with everything itself.
                    The church and vatican live in their own little worlds, they conduct "studies" like the one where they concluded that condoms do not prevent the transfer of HIV. The church is a terrific place to go if you want to get rich while molesting little boys

Recent cardinal Timothy Dolan of NY paid a priest $20,000 go go away quietly after he raped a few kids. Yet people still come in thousands to see him. I mean the church PAYS its priest for raping kid and people dont seems to care.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Yes religion is the issue. You stated that with the bold.

But what really boggles my mind is how a religion with such a harsh stance against ****sexuality seems to have such a high number of gay puedo priests who love little boy.

Just about every story i hear on this subject involves priests with boys
                      any evaluation that i make of religion will be made from an academic perspective. that's where my background lies, and from there i draw my expertise.

no, my son. the church is not religion. religion (with the lower case R,) has nothing to do with the acts that were allowed to continue under this specific Religion (big R,) catholicism, and specifically the roman catholic church. the institution of relgigion didn't rape those boys, or allow them to continue to be raped. that was the catholic church.

religion itself, the process by which people are ordered through a shared collection of beliefs, is objective. religion is the shared order, not the rules theselves. that people are ordered does not inherently include that young boys are raped when that order is exploited. therefor your supposition (that religion itself is to blame,) is wrong.

Religion isn't about the belief in a specific god or gods, it's about the shared beliefs that order people. that's what religion does. if you study it academically that is how you view it. that's what religion is.

that people are ordered through religion does not include inherently the process by which that order is exploited, which is what you are talking about. therefor religion is not the issue. the issues are the specific Religions. catholic priests have been raping people. radical islamists have been killing people. american evangelicals have aligned themselves with the republican party, etc.

you're not talking about the institution of religion when you say that "religion is the issue." you're talking about catholicism

i'm sure you know this, but it's very hard to explain an academic subject to somebody when they lack your background in it, and any clarification that you might need i'll provide. you'd have a very hard time explaining anything but the most basic of teachings in your scientific studies, given that i have no background in that academic area. i can also point you in the direction of a few writers and lecturers who will do a much better job in explaining the processes than i can in my 20 minutes before i leave for work.

Comment

Working...
                      X