Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather is useless and should retire.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Earl....a prime Mosley.....Floyd wanted that fight back in 2005-2006, remember it was Mosley who didn't want it. But I'm guessing you weren't into the sport back then???

Comment

Floyd has been a pro since 1996.

That's 17 years. He was great before he even had a WW fight. When did you guys start watching him? His career didnt start at 147. Hes 36 years old and has been fighting for 17 years.

Comment

Noooooooooo don't retire floyd, I love that whole 40 minutes every year he comes out to fight an opponent none of us want him to fight

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Retire? lol

Highest paid ATHLETE in the world and the man who carries the sport on his shoulders should just hang 'em up. This is a bit extreme don't ya think?
          This statement bothered me. It might partly be true, but at the end of the day, Floyd is just a cog in the machine. Once he leaves, it might even benefit the sport as much as it'll be a detriment to it.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
            you seem prediposed to thinking a certain way regardless of what actually happened, sir. Mosley in his prime wasn't interested in Floyd. Cotto in 2008 was busy doing what "the company" told him. let's not be ignorant now.

SSM moved up in weight, away from Mayweather and in search of more lucrative nights with the like of Oscar De La Hoya, yes. that observation somewhat defeats your claim that Mayweather had the chance to fight Shane.
            You keep implying people wernt intersted in FLoyd? So FLoyd must have a more rubbish resume than i first thought. He never fought SSM, Cotto, DLH, Kostya, Hatton and JMM at their best weights.
            He dont fight much or regularly as well.
            So what exactly has Floyd done in his career except people not fighting him? He takes a career break to make sure they dont change their minds thats what! Just cos SSM had toothache one day, dont mean he wouldnt be healed in a weeks time, ready to rumble with Floyd. SSM was the name of the day, as was Cotto and Floyd didnt make any real attempt to fight them, he doesnt make any attempt to fight anyone in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
              Floyd is scared of "King" Khan. & "El Canelo" Alvarez.
              I don't think anyone is scared of Amir Khan

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                You keep implying people wernt intersted in FLoyd? So FLoyd must have a more rubbish resume than i first thought. He never fought SSM, Cotto, DLH, Kostya, Hatton and JMM at their best weights.
                So what exactly has Floyd done in his career except people not fighting him? He takes a career break to make sure they dont change their minds thats what! Just cos SSM had toothache one day, dont mean he wouldnt be healed in a weeks time, ready to rumble with Floyd. SSM was the name of the day, as was Cotto and Floyd didnt make any real attempt to fight them, he doesnt make any attempt to fight anyone in fact.
                Floyd called Tszyu out but he fought Hatton in Manchester instead, more $$$ involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  i'm surprised it took this long for the "card" to be played
                  Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
                  Yes he does. He is a joke. His sole purpose of coming here Is not to talk boxing but to be a racist & start argument with non black posters.
                  Say the white guys who make up disrespectful "black"accents
                  Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                  LOL. I have to agree with this.

I think even all the Floyd fans can agree Mayweather is no longer the p4p king. Ward is without a doubt n0.1. He took on everyone available and also did it in a classy manner.

Mayweather still thinks he is relevant. Unfortunatly, he is not.

In the words of TysonFury ''You had your chance and **** yourself''.
                  Ward calls him "The Master". Literally

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  This is a video of hearing what Merchant wanted for November that year;. Where is the video of Floyd saying ":YOUR NEXT MOSLEY!!!" then I would have believed that Floyd really wanted it .... NOT (example Manny)

Mosley had planned vacation so said "how about a month, two or three later" but also said "OK, if the money is right" . Mosley was interviewed saying that they spoke but Floyd (team) and they said no to a few months later! So that squashes anything about even thinking that it was Mosley that was ducking.
                  Do your own history. He called Mosley out more than once. Give me a link to that Mosley interview where he agreed to fight a few months later. You don have it but you want proof that is very easy to find.

Comment

Mosley's lack of interest in Mayweather had nothing to do with Mayweather's resume. in truth, Mayweather had beaten better guys than Mosley had at that point (Shane's LW run was blistering, but short on quality). Mosley wasn't interested because he was headed north in search of risks that translated to bigger rewards than a Mayweather fight would have granted him.

DLH didn't have a "best weight". he had prime years. his prime years include some of the years he spent at 154lb. the DLH who beat Vargas at 154lb is prime. how could Mayweather fight DLH in his prime, feasibly speaking? be real, man.

Kostya and Mayweather were committed to different networks. Zoo went and fought Hatton, that was the end of that. Mayweather subsequently kicked Hatton's ass and weight had nothing to do with that. Hatton and his team predicated their gameplan on the assumption that Hatton's size and strength would be too much for Mayweather even at 147, because they saw Mayweather as a weaker man, not a fully fledged, natural welter.

Cotto didn't make any attempt to fight Mayweather. neither guy made any attempt to fight the other.

So what exactly has Floyd done in his career except people not fighting him? He takes a career break to make sure they dont change their minds thats what!
                    it's not a great resume, imo, but it's a very good one. it is what it is.

Just cos SSM had toothache one day, dont mean he wouldnt be healed in a weeks time, ready to rumble with Floyd.
                    so why wouldn't Shane say that? why would he even cite the toothache? i'll tell you why - because he was standing aside for De La Hoya, the chief.

SSM was the name of the day, as was Cotto and Floyd didnt make any real attempt to fight them, he doesnt make any attempt to fight anyone in fact.
                    SSM was the name of the day, when? 1999? he moved up in weight away from Mayweather in search of bigger money. in 2006, he stood aside for De La Hoya. in 2009/'10, he was perceived to be a renewed beast, he called Mayweather out, Mayweather stomped him.

again, Cotto didn't make any attempt to fight Mayweather. neither guy made any attempt to fight the other.

you are an absurd poster.
                    Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-10-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Dude had his chance to be great.

Could of fought prime cotto, mosley, Pacquiao etc.

Didn't want to, waited till they were all shopworn and even then only got cotto and couldn't even stop him

The pac fight is gone, nobody cares anymore.

Goodbye Floyd, get the door on your way out.
                      I agree. All he cares about is his 0 and doesnt care about what fights fans want to see. He should ride off into the sunset.

Comment

Working...
                      X