Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Khan's Chin Not a Problem, Has To Temper Attacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might need more than just defensive re-orientation to take him to the next level. ring IQ which i think is difficult to teach, he seems to lack a bit of. quite the thing since it's one if those either you have it or not qualities. hunter would impress if he'll be able to improve him on that aspect.

Comment

Been saying this for the longest time. Amir chin is not the problem, its that he needs to pace himself better, and choose when to be ultra aggressive. Many of the Khan haters make him sound like hes been KO'd 7-8 times by people no one has ever heard of. He lost to Danny, and he took many of those shots, and kept coming back......and yes the ref did stop it, I personally think it was a bad stoppage, and should've gone on. Amir likes to throw these fast flurry of combinations so early, and after he lands a few, he seems to get "****y" it seems, just going in and showing his opponent no respect, which leaves himself wide open for these shots that you don't see coming....then again, this has ONLY happened twice, and not like it has been an ongoing trend over most of his fights as the Khan haters like to try and imply. I think leaving Roach was a tough, but necessary thing to do. Amir is young, has tons of upside, and needs someone to devote all their time to him. Now i get that Ward is #1, but I think that not having another star to deal with (Chavez Jr), Virgil is going to make great strides and improvements with Amir. I cant wait to see him next month, and if we will see a new and improved Khan.

Comment

Nonsense, poppy****, boulderdash and horse manure. His chin is FRAGILE and it should be marked handle with care. It is like a huge fortress, yes, yes, that's it! BUT ONE MADE OF GLASS!!! He also has the recuperative powers of a drunk and wet dog and duck mixed together on spaghetti-noodle leges trying to stand on an oil slick on an ice rink. He has been sent clean into orbit, passing the moon twice...nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Khan's chin will let Hunter down at some point. Khan will have a nice little run until his chin caves in again
          Not so fast, with the new found neck-chin machine that Virgil have Khan doing, his chin will be as good as Hagler. I wouldn't be surprise if khan and Garcia meet again and Khan just stood there to give Garcia a free shoot like what Mayorga did to Forrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Khans Chin is still a problem no matter what Hunter says...But I agree with him about Khan tempering his attacks...
            Yep, I agree.

Comment

Hunter is saying that it's all timing. Khan has to keep his chin and the other guys fist from getting to the same place at the same time. Simple. Ha ha ha.

Comment

If it's temper then Incredible Hulk should have like a glass chin x 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                  A lot of people here has written about Khan's chin. I agree with Hunter - the chin is not the problem here. The two guys who knocked Khan out are known for having "one punch KO-power". Khan stood in there with Maidana who landed big blows but couldn't get Khan out of there.

I also agree that the real problem is Khan's defense and his reactions and actions after being hurt. He seems very tense when fighting - just like amateurs going at it for 3-4 rounds. He needs to pace himself better and quit jumping around on his toes like that. He needs to settle.

I think Hunter was a wise choice but it shouldn't be on his shoulders alone. Khan really needs to improve and adjust to those factors Hunter said above in the article. Roach can't teach Khan anything new and I think Roach should retire after Pacquiao's (hopefully) last fight with Marquez.
                  I agree. I too think Khan's chin is alright. The whole Khan chin hate is just something people think is cool to bash because everyone is doing it. Khan was KTFO by punchers
                  Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  Call me crazy but, I don't think Khan's chin is that bad. I mean its not the greatest, but it isn't too bad. If he ups his defense and box game, he will be alright. Dude has way too much heart for his own good. Khan's has fantastic tools to be elite. I think Emanuel will be great for him. This coming from a khan hater......

Comment

Working...
                  X