Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people say Canelo looks different than the typical Mexican?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people say Canelo looks different than the typical Mexican?

I live in San Antonio and I see a ton of red hair, freckle faced Mexicans as well as Mexicans, who unless you heard their last name or hear them speak spanish, you would swear they were white.

I say this because every time I hear that Canelo doesn't look like the typical Mexican, I think to myself, what does the typical Mexican mexican suppose to look like?

No offense to anyone, but I was always baffled by this, especially when I see Mexicans, and Mexican American people who vary in different skin colors.

Also my main chick, ironically, is a red hair light completed Mexican girl. She doesn't follow boxing but she sat down with me when I was watching Alvarez, and I pointed out some people are surprised to see Mexicans who look like her and Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

ever hear of a comedian name Louis C.K. , he is Mexican and has red hair too

Comment

2 mexican bros just chillin

Comment

Lets have a thread full of gingers now lol

I fancy a laugh, stick up all the Ginger Mexicans. Anyone that posts a ginger mexican with a moustache wearing a Sombrero i will give 1M too.

Comment

To the media he's not the typical Mexican because a typical Mexican to the outside world is a brown guy with a mustache wearing a sombrero and a poncho.

If you go to the northern part of Jalisco, the state where Canelo is from, there are a ton a white looking people. There are a lot of different skin colors in different parts of Mexico.

Comment

His ancestors must be the Irish Catholic deserters, who were treated like **** by the Americans during the Mex-American War.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                To the media he's not the typical Mexican because a typical Mexican to the outside world is a brown guy with a mustache wearing a sombrero and a poncho.

If you go to the northern part of Jalisco, the state where Canelo is from, there are a ton a white looking people. There are a lot of different skin colors in different parts of Mexico.
                You wouldn't even have to go that far because San Antonio to Laredo is full of Mexicans, 1st generation and second generation Mexicans who are of all different shades and colors. I live in this area so it's normal to see this, but I'm shocked at other peoples ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                  His ancestors must be the Irish Catholic deserters, who were treated like **** by the Americans during the Mex-American War.
                  LMAO.....

on another note, I find it so ironic that people like Hannity and O'Reilly (both Irish) **** on minorities etc when their descendants were the same people getting ****ting by mainstream America back in the day.

Comment

Aye i live in san antonio as well in the westside where all the ghetto
                    mexicans are.

Comment

Working...
                    X