Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes martirosyan got played by the WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but he can give back his silver belt, Who did he beat to even move up the WBC rankings? Lara has fought and beaten better opponents than Vanes, Kirkland has fought and beaten better than Vanes, even angulo has a better resume than vanes, the only thing Vanes had going for him would probably be a promoter who has been buying his ranking for him because he sure hasnt earned it by beating a well ranked or a well deserved opponent.

Comment

so they are trying to use Lara to Protect Canelo basically

I guess I can kinda understand where Vanes is coming from...however I think people would take him serious and wouldn't see it as "VANES DUCKING LARA" if Vanes actually had a good Resume and was actually fighting good fighters, but instead this guy really don't fight good competition so nobody is going to take him serious and it does look like he is avoiding good competition

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Sorry but he can give back his silver belt, Who did he beat to even move up the WBC rankings? Lara has fought and beaten better opponents than Vanes, Kirkland has fought and beaten better than Vanes, even angulo has a better resume than vanes, the only thing Vanes had going for him would probably be a promoter who has been buying his ranking for him because he sure hasnt earned it by beating a well ranked or a well deserved opponent.
        i dunno man i don't think Kirkland or Angulo beat better.. Kirkland was already exposed by Ishida, then Angulo was exposed by Kirkland.. Kirkland would have lost to Molina but he got a gift with the silly DQ.. his own trainer said he was losing on live tv.. and Angulo lost to Cintron so whats point in having "names" on your record if you're just get beat by them?

Sure Lara fought Williams but he lost on the cards.. well we all know he won but still his resume doesnt reflect it which is messed up but its the way it is.. I mean I give you Lara, sure.. but Kirkland and Angulo dont wash with me.

Comment

I believe him. Golden boy & the wbc are absolutely protecting Canelo. How many title eliminators have these guys been through while Canelo feeds on a steady does of stiffs??

Comment

Vanes is a pu$$. He'll never fight anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I believe him. Golden boy & the wbc are absolutely protecting Canelo. How many title eliminators have these guys been through while Canelo feeds on a steady does of stiffs??
              Definitely a protected fighter right now but its gotta change sooner or later. He is still young (apparently 21) so I dont have too much problem with him being protected at this stage at all if he is actually 21..

Comment

So his response is too reject a major fight and go back to off air undercards against part-time insurance salesmen to make his point sure ok all he wants is a title shot w/out the risk involved of getting it and he doesn't get that luxury bcse he isn't a draw

Sounds more like Vanes just doesn't want to fight anyone good that's all

Comment

Originally posted by WeedHead View Post
                  I heard an interview with Vanes and he clarified the whole situation with the WBC. He wanted to fight Lara but the WBC refused to put in writing that the fight would be a Final Eliminator for the Alvarez shot and Vanes thought that if it's not in writing and they don't live up to their word by giving him the fight, if he beats Lara no one else is gonna wanna fight him because he would be considered too dangerous, high risk low reward type fighter.

So we can blame WBC for not officially putting it in writing, all they had to do was make it official that this fight was an eliminator. Vanes said that his fight with Roman was supposed to be the Eliminator but when he later checked Boxrec it said semi final eliminator, instead of just eliminator and he realised he got played by the WBC. For the Lara fight he didn't want it to happen again so he needed it in writing from WBC but they refused.
                  And we go back to the same thing again, I don't see Lara whining for a guarantee. So why is Vanes? He doesn't wanna be considered high risk LOW REWARD then what's the better way to become known out there? Keep fighting solid opponents, which he has turned down, Lara and Angulo.

Or what? He just wants to be known overnight without fighting anyone and get a big title/fight shot? GTFO. He thinks he should be known and deserves a title shot cause he has an 0 on his record pfftt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    I don't think that's true, from WBC twitter account came message to Vanes that they were working on that assurment for him. Vanes said he won't risk his record, he's looking for easy way and that's it. He's pus*y.
                    **** Vanes.

Who has he beaten and what has he done to get written assurances?

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                      So his response is too reject a major fight and go back to off air undercards against part-time insurance salesmen to make his point sure ok all he wants is a title shot w/out the risk involved of getting it and he doesn't get that luxury bcse he isn't a draw

Sounds more like Vanes just doesn't want to fight anyone good that's all
                      this right here.

you can't expect the wbc to do anything so u got to take what's there, win, and force the issue. vanes fighting some bum isn't going to do him no good. beating lara however would be big for him.

of course Lara would kick hiss ass and he knows it so that's the truth of the matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X