Comments Thread For: Kessler, Froch Agree To Terms, Rematch Is On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    i'm referring to Kessler's diehards.
    I'm as diehard as they come mate. Against Calzaghe, there was rumours of a broken hand. Now, I have asked him about this in person and he confirmed that both of his hands were fine for the fight and it was just rumours. I think we can all agree that Calzaghe was just that bit better on the night - but a rematch would have been nice. Against Ward.. Well, if kessler had headbuttet Ward 6-7 times i'm sure a lot of the americans on here would be raving just a little bit. PS, he only lost twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
      What you said doesn't make any sense. A poor version of Kessler beat a good, unbeaten version of Froch. So Froch should fight someone else... Right..
      Seriously, he pretty much just argued that Froch is fighting a better fighter than before. Sounds good to me.

Comment

He said: Just another reason for Froch to fight Adonis. If I misunderstood anything, apologies as always.

Comment

YES!!!!!! Just back in from the gym and really pleased to read this. I hoped it was going to happen, but had doubts.

Much respect to both fighters & promoter for making this happen. The 168 division is where it's at, none of the top boys are ducking each other, they all want to fight each other, I only wish every other division had the same appetite 168 fighters and their promoters do.

Comment

Now, I have asked him about this in person and he confirmed that both of his hands were fine for the fight and it was just rumours.
            nice to hear. fellows like BattlingNelson have cited the 'broken hand' as an excuse for the longest time.

to wit.

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            That win is overrated. Kessler didnt spar and had a broken right hand going into the fight. Still Joe couldn't keep Kessler from competing.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              nice to hear. fellows like BattlingNelson have cited the 'broken hand' as an excuse for the longest time.

to wit.
              Couldn't tell you about that to be honest, but he told me both of his hands were fine. Though I do agree that Kessler certainly competed with Calzaghe.

Comment

Couldn't tell you about that to be honest, but he told me both of his hands were fine. Though I do agree that Kessler certainly competed with Calzaghe.
                I got my info from Ricard Olsen, Kessler himself in television portrait, Team Palle's homepage and boxingscene's Cliff Rold. I don't know why he told you what he did, but it is contrary to everything else.

Comment

This fight will be a classic!! It would be nice for Froch to get a good win here and then finish his career with another shot at Ward. I don't think he'll beat Ward but be nice for him to try and avenge both defeats before he's gone....

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    I got my info from Ricard Olsen, Kessler himself in television portrait, Team Palle's homepage and boxingscene's Cliff Rold. I don't know why he told you what he did, but it is contrary to everything else.
                    I mean Ricard Olsen is probably the most straight up guy you can come across. I mean, we all know his hand was broken before the fight, but Mikkel told me, and this must have been around October time last year, that his hands were fine during the fight. Whether the previously broken hand had any implications on his preperations; i wouldn't know..
                    Last edited by LacedUp; 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Nice one Kessler, I didnt like the silence on his teams part but hey they got the job done..

Comment

Working...
                      X