Dan Rafael proves Timothy Bradley is ducking Khan 100%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    you know this for fact?
    Yes, I do actually. From Dan Rafael's Blog.

According to Shaw, Bradley's deal with HBO had four pre-approved opponents for his first post-Alexander fight (win or lose): Alexander in a rematch at HBO's option (obviously not happening), Andre Berto (who lost his welterweight belt April 16 and is unavailable), Maidana (Golden Boy has other plans) and Khan.
    According the deal, Bradley is suppossed to face one of these fighters. And Khan is the only realistic and possible opponent. So HBO did cover their bases somewhat, it's Bradley who is holding this fight up, a fight that will ALMOST surely not ever happen if this one doesn't happen.

Comment

hmmm interesting

thanks for sharing that

Comment

HBO is ruining the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          I think you meant fault so I will go with that

1. because they promised future fights with future monies guaranteed to both Alexander and Bradley.

2. Whether the intent was to make 140 a hot division they didn't exactly do that so now HBO is stuck with two guys who under delivered on their "mega fight" and now have to find slots for both. Alexander has his at 1.2 million for fighting a guy coming off a loss.

3. If I were Team Bradley I would do exactly what they are doing. Using the promise of an HBO date to secure his future. If Bradley is as boring and underwhelming as we all think then his market value will be small. Why wouldn't they want to make as much as they can while HBO still wants him on their channel? He makes a defense say against Lamont Peterson at his 1.2 million, wins, well he is in the same boat as he was only with an extra 1.2 million to his account
          Thanks for the typo call out

1. I think that promise was both ill-advised, but they made the jump expecting fireworks and assuming that both guys would come out winners, regardless of who had their hands raised. Obviously, it didn't turn out that way.

2. I think their intentions were clear, and it seems that Bradley is using this as wiggle room to get more money out of them. Bradley should have gotten his freebie on the Kahn card or something, to stir up interest and look good against. He waited and now they'll be out of slots

3. If I was Team Bradley, I would watch out for the other hand, as proverbs would say. Basically, he generated no business for HBO the last time out, and now he's trying to extort (not illegally I mean) another cool millie out of HBO to fight a cream puff, and hold off Kahn for later. There is no guarantee that Kahn will be at 140 much longer and the fight will sizzle out. Kahn brings in the viewers and the $. This tactic will only ensure that he's alienated HBO enough that they'll pay him his money, and keep him off the network.

If I was HBO, I'd much rather front cash for Judah/Kahn, Kahn/Maidana II and others at a higher weight class than Bradley/Kahn. I just think that Bradley might be making a career suicide decision.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
            if this fight doesn't happen, some higher up at HBO should fire greenburg and davis.
            I'm sure that's what people said when Bradley-Alexander looked like it wasn't gonna happen. Now, all you hear is people criticizing the fight that they wanted. What i'm saying is, fans should calm down about fights that look great on paper especially with some one like Timothy Bradley involved, because of his style to make fights ugly with cuts coming from headbutts.

Some fans are dying to see this fight right now, and they can't wait. Then the fight happens and let's say it's a stinker like Bradley-Alexander/Khan-McKloskey, people would just be criticizing the fight and wishing it never happened.

I'm not a Bradley fan, but fighting some one else for $1.2Mill, then fighting Khan for another 1.something mill later in the year, is actually pretty smart and I don't think it's Bradley doing this by himself, he must have some one really smart telling him what to do. If the fight doesn't happen at 140, who cares, it can happen at 147 some other time, but honestly i'm not too excited to see Bradley headbutt another fighter. He's done it to 6 fighters in a row. People are complaining about a potential stinker of a fight. Because unfortunately every Bradley fight is a potential stinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              HBO is ruining the sport of boxing.
              Hardly...they've put on some good shows to go along with their stinkers.

They obviously though need new management and matchmakers. They are letting the promoters and managers take them for a ride.

Comment

Typical African American/Mayweather behaviour from Bradley. Just duck your opponents by making up excuses : OST, When your opponent agrees to that make up something else : Money, Just keep stalling and leech of HBO and duck opponents you cant beat and continue padding your record.

Here are some facts:

1: The whole idea for having the 140lb tournament was Khan's post Malignaggi he clearly said I will fight Maidana and the winner of Khan v Maidana will face the winner of ALexander v Bradley. At the time the American apologists for Bradley were saying what gives Khan the right to announce a tournament in the division, Well atleast he is the only one willing to fight!

2. Khan beat Maidana and took a tune up in McCLoskey, No point fighting the biggest fight of your life after not having fought for upto 7/8 months. Khan beats McCLoskey and is ready to face Bradley.

3. Bradley beat ALexander in an absolute stinker of a fight, I thought both Alexander and Bradley should be embarrsed by that fight. Now Bradley has no interest in fighting Khan because he is afraid of loosing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamzcJzyJoA

Watch this video Bradley clearly says for his July bout : I want Khan

Now he doesnt want to fight! So what changed perhaps he worried he will loose his undefeated record and wants to continue recieving HBO hand outs?

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  I'm sure that's what people said when Bradley-Alexander looked like it wasn't gonna happen. Now, all you hear is people criticizing the fight that they wanted. What i'm saying is, fans should calm down about fights that look great on paper especially with some one like Timothy Bradley involved, because of his style to make fights ugly with cuts coming from headbutts.

Some fans are dying to see this fight right now, and they can't wait. Then the fight happens and let's say it's a stinker like Bradley-Alexander/Khan-McKloskey, people would just be criticizing the fight and wishing it never happened.

I'm not a Bradley fan, but fighting some one else for $1.2Mill, then fighting Khan for another 1.something mill later in the year, is actually pretty smart and I don't think it's Bradley doing this by himself, he must have some one really smart telling him what to do. If the fight doesn't happen at 140, who cares, it can happen at 147 some other time, but honestly i'm not too excited to see Bradley headbutt another fighter. He's done it to 6 fighters in a row. People are complaining about a potential stinker of a fight. Because unfortunately every Bradley fight is a potential stinker.
                  Are you a boxing fan? How can you possibly say Bradley should duck Khan? Should the best fight the best and give good value for money? Also Bradley did **** all during his last fight in what was painful to watch, He owes HBO a proper fight and should stop being a chicken and fight in July 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
                    Typical African American/Mayweather behaviour from Bradley. Just duck your opponents by making up excuses : OST, When your opponent agrees to that make up something else : Money, Just keep stalling and leech of HBO and duck opponents you cant beat and continue padding your record.

Here are some facts:

1: The whole idea for having the 140lb tournament was Khan's post Malignaggi he clearly said I will fight Maidana and the winner of Khan v Maidana will face the winner of ALexander v Bradley. At the time the American apologists for Bradley were saying what gives Khan the right to announce a tournament in the division, Well atleast he is the only one willing to fight!

2. Khan beat Maidana and took a tune up in McCLoskey, No point fighting the biggest fight of your life after not having fought for upto 7/8 months. Khan beats McCLoskey and is ready to face Bradley.

3. Bradley beat ALexander in an absolute stinker of a fight, I thought both Alexander and Bradley should be embarrsed by that fight. Now Bradley has no interest in fighting Khan because he is afraid of loosing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamzcJzyJoA

Watch this video Bradley clearly says for his July bout : I want Khan

Now he doesnt want to fight! So what changed perhaps he worried he will loose his undefeated record and wants to continue recieving HBO hand outs?
                    What???

And this will continue to post on this website. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
                      Are you a boxing fan? How can you possibly say Bradley should duck Khan? Should the best fight the best and give good value for money? Also Bradley did **** all during his last fight in what was painful to watch, He owes HBO a proper fight and should stop being a chicken and fight in July 23rd.
                      I am not eager to watch Bradley fight again. If you don't get the point on what to expect from Bradley fights then you are as slow as I thought you were, considering what has happened in his last 6 fights in a row. Two of his last 3 fights were No-Contest worthy, only one was ruled a NC, but Alexander was headbutted to death, that should have been an NC. Bradley is dirtier than Ric Flair.

Comment

Working...
                      X