Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    I agree with ^^^, but the older fighters were tougher, had more heart and definitely more determination.

Many people, including myself, argue that today's sports science is way more advanced, but we have yet to explain why most boxers today are completely spent by the 12th round and the older guys were going 15.

Today's guys are better athletes. Yesterdays guys are tougher, more durable and can go longer.

Keeping in mind that these are sweeping generalizations. No one description fits every boxer of an entire era.
    This one is easy. There is a LOT more thinking going on in todays boxing. A lot more counter punching and defense.

Also fighters have more pressure on them for each individual fight. It's no longer acceptable to HBO for fighters to have losses or bad performances.
    Last edited by Konstantin; 03-11-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
      jab i respect your opinion and i know you know your boxing but you do have an agenda and you are the old school vanguard i consistently talk about having a bias for old school fighters and a bias against modern recent fighters. Just look at your sig FFS, and close minded? i think that's a typical problem for old people. Yall dont want to accept anything new and progressive. Everything for yall is preservation of YOUR history hence everything was better back then.
      So where is my bias here? You accused me of having an agenda. What exactly is my agenda in this thread? I deal in facts not fantasy and everything I argue I can back up with those facts. If you think that is being biased than maybe you need to stop being to negative and start being a bit more open minded about the opinions of others my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I just hate when people argue against it like it's ridiculous to count such fights as wins.

I'll use Pacquiao-Marquez 3 as an example, since it applies to me personally. I thought Pacquiao won, but a very large majority of the boxing public and media consider it a robbery. So I shut up about it, and I would never say "Marquez officially lost" because that's stupid.

If Mr. Invincible thinks Ramirez or Chavez deserved the verdicts in those fights, he should argue his case, instead of saying "he officially lost/drew" in those fights.
        I respect the judges scores. I understand opinions vary. It's casual, but the actual loss cannot be ignored, much like Vitali's controversial losses obviously cannot be.

Comment

Why don't you tell us why the Ramirez fight wasn't a robbery, or why the Chavez fight was a draw? Just saying "well officially blah blah blah" gives the impression you've never seen either fight. If you have, tell us why we are wrong.

Again, you try your best not to acknowledge that Vitali was stopped by Lewis, but you're telling us Whitaker lost at lightweight just because the official record says so, vehemently defending a robbery. Quite the double standard, if you can't give us a reason why Whitaker lost to Ramirez.
          Tell me why you don't recognize an official loss and we will speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
            I respect the judges scores. I understand opinions vary. It's casual, but the actual loss cannot be ignored, much like Vitali's controversial losses obviously cannot be.
            That makes no sense. A guy who absolutely dominates a fight losing on the cards because judges are corrupt or inept should not be recognized as losing that fight. It can absolutely be ignored, and is by almost everyone.

Comment

Tell me why you don't recognize an official loss and we will speak.
              I don't recognize official losses if I watch a fight and it is plain to see that the fighter who "lost" was the victim of either corruption or ineptitude. In the case of both the Ramirez and Chavez fights, the only explanation is corruption or ineptitude, and fighters should not be punished for such behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                Is this some sort of a sick joke?? Pacquiao has one of the best if not the BEST resume of all time.
                its a shame the level of stupidity heheheheeeee Pea was great...but resume isntt better than Mannys!!! Enough said!

Comment

Don't write me in a thread, I couldn't care less what you have to say. PM me so we can settle our dispute like I said.
                  You said to PM you, so why you ducking me? Was that just your way of avoiding the question?

Comment

So you can see how Juanma was winning the fight???

Comment

I don't recognize official losses if I watch a fight and it is plain to see that the fighter who "lost" was the victim of either corruption or ineptitude. In the case of both the Ramirez and Chavez fights, the only explanation is corruption or ineptitude, and fighters should not be punished for such behavior.
                      EXACTLY!! Excellent post Bo!!

Comment

Working...
                      X