Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K2 have opened talks with the WBO mandatory HW contender, Alex Leapai, about an upcoming fight with Wladimir Klitschko. They have 30 days to come to an arrangement.

Comment

• David Rodriguez returns after two year break. Fights on 14 December.

http://www.***************.net/news/wbn/2013/12/08/heavyweight-david-rodriguez-ready-to-extend-36-0-34-ko-record-on-december-14.html

Comment

• Tyson Fury plans to come out of 'retirement' in 2014.

British heavyweight Tyson Fury (21-0, 15 KO’s) says he’s thinking of coming out of retirement in 2014 in order to fight the top heavyweights. He’s got a list of 12 heavyweights he’d like to fight with the Klitschkos being at the top spot followed by Deontay Wilder.

Unfortunately, Fury’s chances of getting a title shot straightaway against one of the Klitschkos are about nil right now with him having been out of the ring for the past 8 months since his last fight against Steve Cunningham in April.

Fury said on his twitter: “I am thinking of coming out of retirement to smash the heavyweight division in 2014!!! Here is a list of opponents I want for Christmas: Klitchko, Wilder, [Manuel Charr, [Dereck] Chisora, [Andy?] Ruiz, [Bryant] Jennings, [Lucas] Browne, [Chris] Arreola, [Tomasz] Adamek, [Kubrat] Pulev, [Alexander] Povetkin, [Bermane] Stiverne. Please, Santa, I’ll be a good boy. Xxxxx.”

One question: What happened to Fury’s interest in fighting Deontay next? It looks like Fury and his promoter have cooled to that idea because neither of them are banging the drum to get into the ring with the 6’7″ talent.

It’s an interesting list, but I’d be honestly very surprised if Fury winds up facing some of the bigger names on his list in 2014. That would be such a huge departure from the guys that he’s been fighting if he were to step up and face those guys. Of course, I’m excluding Chisora, Browne, Ruiz Jr, Adamek and Jennings from that list as being bigger names, because I see all of them as basically flawed heavyweights in one shape or another.

Fury is going to have to step it up sooner or later, because for him to get a crack at the WBC belt, he’s going to need to fight his way to the title. If WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko retires, Fury will have to go through the likes of Deontay, Arreola and Stiverne to get a title shot. If Vitali continues with his career, I still see Fury having to fight tooth and nail to get a shot at one of the titles. He might get lucky and get picked out for a title shot if and when Deontay snatches the title. He’ll probably be willing to give Fury a shot at his title in his first defense.
        http://www.************.com/2013/12/...LwIBCk6He2F.99

Comment

• Tyson Fury plans to come out of 'retirement' in 2014.

British heavyweight Tyson Fury (21-0, 15 KO’s) says he’s thinking of coming out of retirement in 2014 in order to fight the top heavyweights. He’s got a list of 12 heavyweights he’d like to fight with the Klitschkos being at the top spot followed by Deontay Wilder.

Unfortunately, Fury’s chances of getting a title shot straightaway against one of the Klitschkos are about nil right now with him having been out of the ring for the past 8 months since his last fight against Steve Cunningham in April.

Fury said on his twitter: “I am thinking of coming out of retirement to smash the heavyweight division in 2014!!! Here is a list of opponents I want for Christmas: Klitchko, Wilder, [Manuel Charr, [Dereck] Chisora, [Andy?] Ruiz, [Bryant] Jennings, [Lucas] Browne, [Chris] Arreola, [Tomasz] Adamek, [Kubrat] Pulev, [Alexander] Povetkin, [Bermane] Stiverne. Please, Santa, I’ll be a good boy. Xxxxx.”

One question: What happened to Fury’s interest in fighting Deontay next? It looks like Fury and his promoter have cooled to that idea because neither of them are banging the drum to get into the ring with the 6’7″ talent.

It’s an interesting list, but I’d be honestly very surprised if Fury winds up facing some of the bigger names on his list in 2014. That would be such a huge departure from the guys that he’s been fighting if he were to step up and face those guys. Of course, I’m excluding Chisora, Browne, Ruiz Jr, Adamek and Jennings from that list as being bigger names, because I see all of them as basically flawed heavyweights in one shape or another.

Fury is going to have to step it up sooner or later, because for him to get a crack at the WBC belt, he’s going to need to fight his way to the title. If WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko retires, Fury will have to go through the likes of Deontay, Arreola and Stiverne to get a title shot. If Vitali continues with his career, I still see Fury having to fight tooth and nail to get a shot at one of the titles. He might get lucky and get picked out for a title shot if and when Deontay snatches the title. He’ll probably be willing to give Fury a shot at his title in his first defense.
          http://www.************.com/2013/12/...LwIBCk6He2F.99

Comment

• Injury forces Charr withdrawl from Toney fight.

Manuel Charr has rejected claims that his proposed fight with James Toney was cancelled due to a purse dispute. He released a statement today, 9th December, stating that he has withdrawn from the fight due to injury.

http://www.boxen.de/news/leisten-op-...s-wasser-30474

Comment

• New opponent for Kubrat Pulev

A new opponent has been announced for IBF #1 rated heavyweight Kubrat Pulev (18-0, 9 KOs) on Saturday in Neubrandenburg, Germany. The IBF’s mandatory challenger Wladimir Klitschko was to face Sherman “Tank” Williams, however Williams pulled out with a hand injury. Pulev will now face Joey Abell (29-6, 28 KOs). “I don’t care who I have to fight,” said Pulev. “For me there is only one goal. To go against Wladimir Klitschko and take his world title.”

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/new-...t-pulev-232992

Comment

• David Price withdraws from 'comeback' fight due to illness.

A virus picked up in training camp has forced David Price (15-2, 13 KOs) to postpone his December 14 scheduled bout with Evengy Orlov (14-12-1, 10 KOs).

Price will now return in January or February 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013
                  Some recent heavyweight news:
                  Good to see you back, Freedom!

Comment

• Some recent heavyweight news:

World Boxing News - Heavyweight David Rodriguez ready to extend 36-0, 34 KO record on December 14

HBO still hasn't approved Szpilka-Jennings for Jan 25

Roy Jones Jr. vs James Toney II: catchweight clash inches closer

Kubrat Pulev vs. Joey Abell is now official for Dec 14

Lucas Browne accuses David Price of ducking, aims for Sexton or Sprott

Martin Rogan still undecided on his future | Latest | Boxing News

Szpilka vs. Jennings on Jan 25 in Madison Square Gardens?

Wladimir Klitschko and Bernd Boente comment on fighting Alex Leapai

Negotiations for Szpilka-Jennings making progress

STRONG BOY: The Life and Times of John L. Sullivan, America’s First Sports Hero

World Boxing News - Tyson Fury sends Santa his post-Christmas opponent list

Tyson Fury to get a world title fight in 2014?

Boxing News Rankings Update: Dereck Chisora moves into heavyweight top 10 | Latest | Boxing News

Vitali Klitschko on CNN World News

Team James Toney: "Manuel Charr jumped the gun, the fight is off and we’ll take Chisora instead!"

Steve Cunningham will face Manuel Quezada on Dec 14

The WBO has declared Alex Leapai to be Wladimir Klitschko's official mandatory, they have 30 days to negotiate

David Price vacates British and Commonwealth Titles

Dereck Chisora calls out Deontay Wilder: "YOU ARE GROSSLY OVERHYPED FOR KNOCKING OVER NOBODIES"

David Rodriguez will fight Darnell Wilson on Dec 14

Dereck Chisora explains his rejuvenation and pays tribute to Dean Powell

The referee at fault for Dereck Chisora's win over Ondrej Pala

Jennings-Szpilka in discussions, HBO date would be Jan 25 not Jan 18

Derek Chisora's Second Coming

Comment

• Szpilka - Jennings is a done deal for January 25 at MSG theatre. Everything is agreed, they are waiting for contracts to be signed (source: Szpilkas twitter).

Comment

Working...
                      X