No announcement yet.

Is it OK to be a fan of Lamont?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it OK to be a fan of Lamont?

The guy is everything I like in a fighter - he brings it every fight, is tough, skilled, a nice guy but with a mean streak in the ring, and he has an great story behind him with the childhood he had (those moments in the Khan fight where Hunter was saying stuff to him like "Remember where you came from" were pretty amazing).

But it's hard to look past the failed drug test. There is no doubt in my mind he juiced - seriously, you're putting testosterone in your body 1 month before a fight, and you don't think you need to declare it? C'mon, son.

But then, I'm pretty sure most in the sport are juicing, he's just one of those who got caught.

EVERYONE'S JUICING. Yes, it's okay to be a fan of him.

Like you said, he just happened to get caught.

Comment

Ok course, just funny how people don't want you to mention his drug shame or how some try to sweep it under the carpet like he didn't do anything wrong, him and his dodgy doctor along with the boxing organisation (IBF) are what's wrong with boxing.

Comment

If you truly have the belief that most in the sport are juicing, then I see no reason why someone getting caught would stop you being a fan.

I myself don't believe most are enhanced, so those who test positive become people I dont support.

Comment

I wanted to see the Holt fight before fully making a decision. I say that only to say that his performance kinda justfied his case because he honestly looked like the exact same fighter as always when in every other sport including boxing, guys look way way way different when they stop juicing so maybe there is something to his story.

However, I do think he shouldve been honest. Its weird that he knew he was taking it but he's the one who asked for the testing. I think it was just some kinda weird stuff going on without him purposely trying to cheat all the way but who knows. Could go either way or alot of differnet ways and I wont fault anyone for how they feel about him either way

Comment

If people can still like margarito then you can definetly be a Peterson fan.

Comment

Sure. It's up to you how egregious you think his cheating was.

Comment

Sure why not, I can't be tho

He cheated in the khan fight, then tried in the rematch and is now passing this bulli**** story about how it wasn't cheating, etc. he was never remorseful nor did he even get in real trouble for it

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  I wanted to see the Holt fight before fully making a decision. I say that only to say that his performance kinda justfied his case because he honestly looked like the exact same fighter as always when in every other sport including boxing, guys look way way way different when they stop juicing so maybe there is something to his story.
                  Some examples in boxing?

(Please don't mention Pacquaio - that's just barbershop talk).

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Sure why not, I can't be tho

He cheated in the khan fight, then tried in the rematch and is now passing this bulli**** story about how it wasn't cheating, etc. he was never remorseful nor did he even get in real trouble for it
                    I think that's a problem for me too.....the blatant lying. I don't think it sits right with the kind of person he is, and it feels pretty desperate. That studio interview he did where he denied it really bummed me out, cos I knew it was BS.

But then how can he come out and admit he juiced and torch his whole career?

I read someone say he should submit to the 24/7, 365 testing that Nonito does. That would be perfect, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                    X