No announcement yet.

Name a fight with these criteria

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name a fight with these criteria

Fleet footed, speedy fighter, generally fights on the backfoot. Fast hands. With power but questionable chin. Technically flawed, relies on talent. Unorthodox style. Tall. Fights in spurts.

VS

Flat footed, usually comes forward. Granite chin. No physical gifts but more skilled, better ring IQ. Good inside game. Short. Digs to the body.

I know it's a bit too much hahaha

Preferably a close fight.

I'm thinking Roy Jones Jr. fits some of the criterion for the first fighter... trying to remember some of his fights that would involve the second fighter.

Comment

Second one kind of sounds like Duran

Except he really wasn't "flat footed" and was physically gifted

Comment

I wouldn't classify Nunn as having a questionable chin necessarily but his bout with James Toney might qualify. Duran-Zeferino Gonzalez as well.
        Starling-Breland.
        Last edited by TBear; 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

miguel acosta vs brandon rios

Comment

Most likely never going to find a perfect match for this.

Dick Tiger fits a lot of the criteria in the second one but not all of them.

Comment

The best I can come up with is Roy Jones vs Glen Johnson.

Comment

Not an exact match but Bute-Andrade.

Another example of an unorthodox boxer who has power and fights in spurts on the backfoot vs an aggressive, granite chinned guy with good inside skills and body punching is Eubank-Collins.

But on the other hand I don't think those 2 match-ups are that similar to each other and none of the boxers exactly match the attributes listed.

Comment

Simon Brown was not short but in his unification bout with Maurice Blocker this description might apply.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    I wouldn't classify Nunn as having a questionable chin necessarily but his bout with James Toney might qualify.
                    I think Nunn had a very good chin. Otherwise that's a good call

Comment

Working...
                    X