No announcement yet.

Should raise cruiserweight limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    That I'll agree with. Bowe was extremely dangerous on the inside.

Actually, I think Bowe would've given Lennox the hardest fight(s) of his entire career. I'll always be of the belief that the latter would've UD'ed him every time, but they would've been hard fights. We'd see inside fighting, a prolonged jab contest, missed bombs, landed bombs, sloppy moments, probably even KDs... but Lennox would win.

Every time I think about that trashcan incident, I end up doing the facepalm thing. What a fight we missed out on. :conf3:
    for sure lennox beats him i think bowe knew it too.........

bowe made a mistake though.

he should have just fought lennox at the time.

this was before mccall and rahman. lennox was still a bit wild and not so cautious about his chin yet.

bowe could have gotten lucky. he had enough power to catch lennox with something but he pussied out.

sidenote: i really hate emmanuel steward. lennox was fun to watch before emmanuel. wlad too. i loved wlad until he went under steward.

i know steward makes sure they don't get caught with anything and they conserve stamina and not tire themself out.......but they were monsters before steward.

wlad use to go for the ko all the time and early. after steward he became more tactical and conservative with his punches.

that's why all these dumbasses who never saw wlad when he was younger talks crap about wlad is boring. he wasn't always that way.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
      watch any round.
      Aaah, but now you change your statement.
      Previous statement (quote): "lewis, wlad and vitali have no inside fighting skills."
      Current statement: They do not engange in inside fights.

Completely different statements.

To engange in inside fights is NOT A VIRTUE. It's a sign that you couldn't keep your opponent away.

I always find it funny how limitations turn into virtues. A prime example is Ali vs Frazier: "Wow, what a heavyweight war! They punched each other for 12+ rounds but no man gave in".

IT OBJECTIVELY MEANS
      1) Ali couldn't keep Frazier at bay
      2) Ali couldn't KO Frazier

But no, in some kind of mental twist Ali's limitations are made into virtues.

just the fact that their arms are so damn long makes it hard for them.
      Just the fact that Ali had a better chin made it hard for his opponents.

the fact that all 3 were or are now with steward probably makes their inside fighting look worst.
      Yeah, I too prefer Ali's Parkinson and Bowes and Holyfields slurred speech.

i think emmanuel prefers his super heavies to use their reach on the outside and just clinch on the inside.
      His success confirms it's the correct strategy.

to protect lennox's and wlad's vulnerable chins as well.
      Wlad's chin has been exposed only 1 time so far (the other 2 KO losses were not a chin issue but a stamina issue). 1 chin loss in 50+ fights (against a heavy puncher) is too little to make final conclusions.

Comment

that's why all these dumbasses who never saw wlad when he was younger talks crap about wlad is boring. he wasn't always that way.......
        Oh for sure. Even in the Puritty fight which he lost due to stamina, he was bangin the **** out of the guy. That's the Drago-like Wlad which everyone sadly misses out on.

Comment

Originally posted by knn View Post
          Aaah, but now you change your statement.
          Previous statement (quote): "lewis, wlad and vitali have no inside fighting skills."
          Current statement: They do not engange in inside fights.

Completely different statements.

To engange in inside fights is NOT A VIRTUE. It's a sign that you couldn't keep your opponent away.

I always find it funny how limitations turn into virtues. A prime example is Ali vs Frazier: "Wow, what a heavyweight war! They punched each other for 12+ rounds but no man gave in".

IT OBJECTIVELY MEANS
          1) Ali couldn't keep Frazier at bay
          2) Ali couldn't KO Frazier

But no, in some kind of mental twist Ali's limitations are made into virtues.

Just the fact that Ali had a better chin made it hard for his opponents.

Yeah, I too prefer Ali's Parkinson and Bowes and Holyfields slurred speech.

His success confirms it's the correct strategy.

Wlad's chin has been exposed only 1 time so far (the other 2 KO losses were not a chin issue but a stamina issue). 1 chin loss in 50+ fights (against a heavy puncher) is too little to make final conclusions.
          tunney , why do you hate ali so much? he's not even part of this convo.

anyways......

inside fighting is not a sign of limitations.

fighters fight where they have advantage.

a smaller guy is at an advantage on the inside against a bigger guy.

hence why he tries to go inside.

not everything is a diss on wlad you know. saying he has a vulnerable chin is not a diss. if i said he has a glass chin it would be.

fact is wlad's chin is not glass like some think but his chin is still vulnerable just like most other fighters.

you don't have to defend every single statement against wlad. some statements are accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            Oh for sure. Even in the Puritty fight which he lost due to stamina, he was bangin the **** out of the guy. That's the Drago-like Wlad which everyone sadly misses out on.
            2 of wlad's losses were of that type.

lamon was getting beat down too until wlad got tired.

the only one that really caught him was corrie but corrie was a southpaw and had fast , heavy hands so it's understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by Machine Gunz View Post
              i read an article on another website saying there should be a super heavyweight division at 230 lbs+ because it is unfair on "smaller heavyweights" but i say they should raise the cruiserweight limit to around 220 lbs to stop these smaller stocky sometimes overweight guys trying to fight in the HW division, these 6'0" to 6'2" guys are trying to pack weight onto their smaller frames which is why they come in soft and overweight looking

Heavyweights these days are naturally bigger and as mankind evolves, we will see plenty of 6'5", 240 lb guys with ripped muscle just like Wlad Klitschko, and when you have a guy like Klitschko as athletic with very fast hands and genuine HW KO power of course he is going to destroy they smaller HW's

these smaller HW's should be fighting in a raised cruiserweight division at 220 lbs, there should never be a super heavyweight division
              don't raise it because all the prestige is in the HW division.

Comment

Working...
              X