No announcement yet.

training and adkins...who dunnit??? help me out here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training and adkins...who dunnit??? help me out here

I am on a modified adkins diet because of my obsession with carbs and sugars. I am trying to teach my body that sugar is bad. I am addicted, well to that and a host of other things but whatever. Has anyone else ever been on an extremely low sugar intake diet and boxed?

How did you fair with:

1.weightloss
    2. energy
    3. muscle loss or gain
    4. overall results

thanks guys

I used to do atkins during intense training....It didnt work to well...I was constantly exhausted...and after a while my skin began to dry up severely...

Your body really needs the complex carbs for energy, especially when you are training hard....what it doesnt need, is the spikes in blood sugar that boost insulin....

Its good for getting ripped though.....but not for sport!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
      I used to do atkins during intense training....It didnt work to well...I was constantly exhausted...and after a while my skin began to dry up severely...

Your body really needs the complex carbs for energy, especially when you are training hard....what it doesnt need, is the spikes in blood sugar that boost insulin....

Its good for getting ripped though.....but not for sport!!!!!!!!!
      so you are recommending a happy medium??

complex carbs-oatmeal, brown rice etc???

I have been killing the breads and pastas lately and my gut has paid the price. I think I am gonna the adkins for a couple weeks and slowly reintroduce the complex carbs in when I am over my sugar obsession.

Also best cheat drink?

vodka soda- anyone?

Comment

I generally don't do atkins diet, but when I cut up I go low carb and it is a definite hit to my energy reserves.

Boxing low carb is a no no.

Weight lifting -- my advice is to go high weight/low rep to preserve muscle.

Comment

But as a diet, I suppose you can just eat clean and consume starchy carbs(obviously whole grain) in the morning and before training(after training you can do it as well)

Keep away from them in the non training days.

Comment

You should check out the Cheat to lose diet by Joel Marion. Highly recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
              You should check out the Cheat to lose diet by Joel Marion. Highly recommended!
              I read about it as well.

Comment

what i have done for 6 months to loose the extra fat.

7.30am - oatmeal and low fat milk (no sugar) (2 cup)
                9.30am - tuna on water mixed up with some ketchup and mustard on wheat bread (2 slice)
                12 noon - grilled chicken,pork or beef, brown rice, vegetables
                1 - 3pm - training
                4pm - tuna sandwich - same as morning
                7pm - grilled fish with salad, vegetables (no carbs)
                10pm - cottage cheese 1/2 cup

eating carbs right before training and right after works for me best, i need to train within one and a half hour after eating or i have no power.

I never did a cheat day during these months, now i cheat twice a week and my weight stays the same. Just find the right balance AFTER you lost the excess weight....not now but i suggest you cut the soda for good man even diet sodas.

Comment

Cut out sugar and high fructose corn syrup. These are the worst for you, so read labels. You will have a headache and the worst sweets cravings you can imagine but it goes away after a week. Be strong. You are, literally, kicking drugs.

To go harder-core, cut out bread, potatoes, and pasta.

Keep the following, and if you eat it, eat it ONLY before you work out:

- brown rice
                  - whole-grain pasta, look in the health food sections of better grocery stores
                  - multi-grain bread, the rougher the texture, the better

I like a sandwich in a whole-grain pita and a couple of apples about an hour before I hit the gym.

Eat as much vegetables and fruit as you want, the closer to fresh, the better. No canned or instant juice, no fruit roll-ups, no jam, no "candy made from fruit juice." Fresh or steamed, that's it.

You can gorge yourself on apples and raw snap peas and you won't get fat. Trust me; I've done it.

And FWIW, Gatorade has high fructose corn syrup. Most sports drinks do. Lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
                    Cut out sugar and high fructose corn syrup.

And FWIW, Gatorade has high fructose corn syrup. Most sports drinks do. Lose it.
                    dump all those suppose to be energy drinks, it is no more then tons of sugar diluted in colored flavored water. I see these over weight people walk around my gym holding their bottles wandering why they cant loose the fat

Comment

Working...
                    X