No announcement yet.

Wrist help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist help

I have been training on my bag for a few years now but the problem i have is with my right wrist. It always seems to flex every time i hit the bag. I have very small wrists are there any exercises to improve wrist strength. I have tried wanking but that doesn't help. Is it also normal to get cramps in your hand during a bag work out.

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
    I have been training on my bag for a few years now but the problem i have is with my right wrist. It always seems to flex every time i hit the bag. I have very small wrists are there any exercises to improve wrist strength. I have tried wanking but that doesn't help. Is it also normal to get cramps in your hand during a bag work out.
    Wide grip pull ups with both wrists curled.

stand straight up with two 15lb dumbells at each side (palms facing each other) bring them straight up so your forearms are parallel with the ground and rotate them 180 degrees...palms up and palms down... try for 45 reps 5 times.

straddle a flat bench with the backs of your forearms touching the bench and your wrists just at the end. Take an olympic 45lb bar and let it roll to the bottom of your fingers and bring it back up...this will burn like a mother%&#@! but it works....do it as many times as you can...Got It?

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
      Wide grip pull ups with both wrists curled.

stand straight up with two 15lb dumbells at each side (palms facing each other) bring them straight up so your forearms are parallel with the ground and rotate them 180 degrees...palms up and palms down... try for 45 reps 5 times.

straddle a flat bench with the backs of your forearms touching the bench and your wrists just at the end. Take an olympic 45lb bar and let it roll to the bottom of your fingers and bring it back up...this will burn like a mother%&#@! but it works....do it as many times as you can...Got It?
      cool thanks i will try this. Its annoying my right wrist seems to bend every time i hit the bag i try hard to keep it straight but i just cant.

Comment

too tight? I was about to ask if he used handwraps and if so to wrap them tighter or more loops around the wrist area.

Comment

When I would get wrist pains the first thing coach said to do was put more wraps around the wrist or even get some of the gauze fluff under your wraps on top of your wrist when working out. Never heard of rotating weights to help with sore wrists, that sounds curious. Anyone else ever used that one?

Comment

Originally posted by baseliner11 View Post
            too tight? I was about to ask if he used handwraps and if so to wrap them tighter or more loops around the wrist area.
            the original question was how to strengthen his wrists...

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
              I have had similar problems with my right wrist when smashing my heavy bag like a ginger step-child.
              At first I thought it was due to the fact I had broken it in the past but have now found as long as I wrap that ***** well it solves the problem.
              The key is to get it just the right Tightness.
              Only you can figure that out with a little trial and error.
              Hope you get it sorted.

Comment

It doesn't hurt to get a good set of bag gloves that offer more support around the wrists in conjunction with hand wraps.

Comment

Working...
                X