Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: A Place on The Island

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he wins he adds to his legacy and adds to his pockets. He'll get the Canelo pay day and that'll be where he can top Trinidad in the history books of Puerto Rico, but easier said than done. Canelo would probably win by too. Either way good article for a legend

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      I think he is a better fighter then Trinidad was i always felt that guy was highly overrated.
      He is the better boxer that's for sure, but Tito was a fcking monster with that left hook and just his over all power. That compensated for his lack of boxing technique. I still like Cotto better than Tito but if they would have fought I would have picked Tito to win.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        by Cliff Rold - Here now, a look at the career of Miguel Cotto to date in comparison to his nation’s finest.

Titles:
        Title Fight Wins:
        Competition:
        Memories:

[Click Here To Read More]
        You don't mention lineal titles. Benitez, Gomez, and Trinidad were lineal champions, the others, including Cotto, weren't. That is a good reason (though not the only one) for putting those three above the others.

Comment

Cotto will go down as one of the best pr boxers ever period. He won't be forgotten. No matter what kind of spin this article try's to put on.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
            Cotto will go down as one of the best pr boxers ever period. He won't be forgotten. No matter what kind of spin this article try's to put on.
            You obviously didn't read the article, as that was exactly what it was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
              You don't mention lineal titles. Benitez, Gomez, and Trinidad were lineal champions, the others, including Cotto, weren't. That is a good reason (though not the only one) for putting those three above the others.
              So was Vazquez at Featherweight. I didn't dig too much into lineage for this piece though in the case of the three noted, that was one critical ingredient.

Comment

Originally posted by Berges View Post
                He is the better boxer that's for sure, but Tito was a fcking monster with that left hook and just his over all power. That compensated for his lack of boxing technique. I still like Cotto better than Tito but if they would have fought I would have picked Tito to win.
                Trinidad had very good technique. The thing is that he abandoned that because he fell in love with his power. If you watch early Trinidad fights, like the one against Jake Rodríguez, you will see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
                  Trinidad had very good technique. The thing is that he abandoned that because he fell in love with his power. If you watch early Trinidad fights, like the one against Jake Rodríguez, you will see what I mean.
                  Oba Carr is a nice, slick boxing performance. He stopped using his right hand as well as he got into a left hook groove.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Oba Carr is a nice, slick boxing performance. He stopped using his right hand as well as he got into a left hook groove.
                    The Carr fight, to me, is a hybrid. He showed technique as well as some of his best stalker/swarmer work. The Jake fight is, to me, his best boxing performance, but I see what you mean.

Comment

Working...
                    X