ESPN's Stuart Scott Diagnosed With Cancer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's Stuart Scott Diagnosed With Cancer

Man, I had no clue he was in remission. Wow, Cancer is a mother****er

Stuart Scott is once again battling cancer, the longtime ESPN anchor announced shortly before hosting the 11 p.m. ET SportsCenter on Monday night.

"Blessed by prayers..I'm back in the Fight. C reared its head again," Scott tweeted to his 260,000 followers. "Chemo evry 2 wks but I'll still work, still work out..still #LIVESTRONG."

Livestrong is the Lance Armstrong foundation that focuses on raising money for those fighting cancer.

The 47-year-old Scott was originally diagnosed in 2007 after undergoing an emergency appendectomy. Doctors found a rare malignancy known as appendiceal cancer, according to Touched By Cancer magazine.

Scott also received chemotherapy in 2011, he announced on Twitter at the time.

The longtime anchor "plans to continue to work the best he can around his treatments," an ESPN spokesperson told USA Today.

Scott's announcement has been retweeted more than 3,600 times as of early Tuesday morning. He has gotten words of support from numerous professional athletes, including Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III.

"Really appreciate all the prayers & well wishes. Nothing changes...I'm rockin the 11pm SPORTSCENTER tonite ..so...WE RIDE STRONG!!," Scott tweeted.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...#ixzz2I3PjDogx

I'm not scared to die, I know it's there for everyone. What I do fear is dying of some disease and I hope that I never have to go through that in my life.

Hope he beats this and gets better. I'm not a man of prayer so I won't say I will pray for him but I will be hoping that modern medical technology can turn this around.

Comment

Not a fan of the guy but I wouldnt wish cancer on anyone.

Comment

I hope he pulls thru again

Comment

u dont want this to happen to anyone let alone a good guy but stewart definetely seemed like a good guy, i wish him the absolute best,..

Fight this son of a *****

Comment

Working...
          X