Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene Staff Predictions: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.-Andy Lee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BScene Staff Predictions: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.-Andy Lee

The most anxious part of any given event featuring Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. isn’t how he will do in the ring, but how he looks when he hits the scales.

All fears were alleviated on Friday afternoon, when the second-generation fighter showed up at a lean 159 lb. for his middleweight title defense against Andy Lee on Saturday night at the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas. HBO will televise the bout, which is preceded on the broadcast (Saturday, 10PM ET) by the exclusive replay of last week’s welterweight bout between Tim Bradley and Manny Pacquiao. [Click Here To Read More]

Every single pro-Chavez analyst regurgitated the same ****, "too big, too strong". Somebody had the audacity to say that Chavez is more fundamentally sound. Another said that Chavez will make a "mid-fight adjustment"....since when did Chavez become so overrated? I must be ****ing blind cuz other than some decent body-punching ability and his last name, there's nothing notable about him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Every single pro-Chavez analyst regurgitated the same ****, "too big, too strong". Somebody had the audacity to say that Chavez is more fundamentally sound. Another said that Chavez will make a "mid-fight adjustment"....since when did Chavez become so overrated? I must be ****ing blind cuz other than some decent body-punching ability and his last name, there's nothing notable about him.
      dude, give the kid a chance lol, he's young and i know it really doesn't mean anything as far as how good he can be, but his father was an ATG...which is really the reason why so many ppl are rooting for him....but in all honesty, i really feel bad for him, cuz with his father and all he has some big shoes to fill, and he's gonna be compared to his father for his entire career. i wish him the best.

Comment

Andy Lee is a better boxer as far as I have seen, Chavez Jr has zero defense, he can't get that head of his to move side to side, he can be pressured and Chavez may very well do that tonight.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with this. He's got good body work and size but I can't recall seeing him make mid-fight adjustments. Oh well.

Comment

Too big... Too strong LMAO. Chavez look's like a shrimp next to Lee.

Comment

I agree with the too big/too strong stuff - and thought it was odd that Lee (who is bigger than Chavez) cited that as the principle reason for Chavez winning.

However...

Chavez Jr. did in fact win that fight by making an adjustment midway through. He's done it in other fights as well. Boxers give him trouble, but once he figures out a way to impose his will/strength, the fight changes in his direction and almost always for good.

Not sure what is so off about saying that. You make it seem as if he does the same thing from rounds 1-12.

Comment

Working...
              X