Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They didn't have to do Manny Pacquiao like that!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    I understand that, but geesh, was there a better way to do this?? Maybe in negotiations only?
    The public would have known regardless.

Comment

I understand that, but geesh, was there a better way to do this?? Maybe in negotiations only?
      The only thing floyd could've done was not suggest Manny used PED's. Once he asked for the testing, Manny and his team decided on a strategy and they executed it. He got caught lying about giving blood(the tapes from the 24/7 from the Hatton fight) then he tried to negotiate a cutoff and all the other stuff. Thats on Manny and his team.

Floyd very easily could've not said anything but thats not how he operates. He thought manny was using and saw an opportunity to promote a fight by demeaning an opponent and belittling his accomplishments, a staple of floyd's going back to the corrales fight. He clearly was unhappy that Manny was getting what he thought should be his shine and he tried to undermine Manny. Did objective fans or the media pay floyd any mind? Not much.

Manny simply could've handled it better. He could've told floyd go **** yourself. He could've done his own testing. He had other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        The only thing floyd could've done was not suggest Manny used PED's. Once he asked for the testing, Manny and his team decided on a strategy and they executed it. He got caught lying about giving blood(the tapes from the 24/7 from the Hatton fight) then he tried to negotiate a cutoff and all the other stuff. Thats on Manny and his team.

Floyd very easily could've not said anything but thats not how he operates. He thought manny was using and saw an opportunity to promote a fight by demeaning an opponent and belittling his accomplishments, a staple of floyd's going back to the corrales fight. He clearly was unhappy that Manny was getting what he thought should be his shine and he tried to undermine Manny. Did objective fans or the media pay floyd any mind? Not much.

Manny simply could've handled it better. He could've told floyd go **** yourself. He could've done his own testing. He had other options.
        Good point.

Comment

It is pretty bogus how this all ended up. It is kind of like Jeff Bagwell, the guy has never been tied in with PEDs but just because of his numbers and the era he played in he has no shot at the HOF and everyone just sort of assumes he is guilty. The same thing is what has happened to Pacquiao, I mean come on they made jokes about how juiced he is on national prime time TV here...

Comment

As a Floyd Mayweather fan, a guy who defended Floyd's right to suspect that Manny Pacquiao was cheating and demands OST. I must say, I have now come to the grasp of just how horrible the way it was carried out and the suspicion was.

Mayweather and GoldenBoy went about it the entire way, they basically bashed and put doubt to all of what Pacquiao had ever accomplished. To the point to tell the truth, when you think the name "Pacquiao" you think the name steroids regardless if you wanna admit it or not.
            Thinking back that was a really terrible thing to do, for another athlete to cast doubt without any proof on another athlete.
            To tell the truth when I think of the name "Pacquaio", I automatically think this:

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
              To tell the truth when I think of the name "Pacquaio", I automatically think this:

Agreed, as of now, after the 4th Marquez fight, that's what most people think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn
                Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxingFollower

As a Floyd Mayweather fan, a guy who defended Floyd's right to suspect that Manny Pacquiao was cheating and demands OST. I must say, I have now come to the grasp of just how horrible the way it was carried out and the suspicion was.

Mayweather and GoldenBoy went about it the entire way, they basically bashed and put doubt to all of what Pacquiao had ever accomplished. To the point to tell the truth, when you think the name "Pacquiao" you think the name steroids regardless if you wanna admit it or not.

Thinking back that was a really terrible thing to do, for another athlete to cast doubt without any proof on another athlete.

Manny's refusal to take the test, the "giving blood drains me", the "I'm afraid of needles" excuses and ultimately Manny never having enhanced PED testing of any form in his fights did more to make objective fans believe he used than floyd's team suggestion that he used steroids.
                Its funny cause you and the rest of Floyd fans dont question how Floyd only fights once a year and stays so sharp. I think the dirtiest of them all is the one who preaches it the most. **** that.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If you followed that fiasco closely like I assume you did then you know Manny did it to himself.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    Manny's refusal to take the test, the "giving blood drains me", the "I'm afraid of needles" excuses and ultimately Manny never having enhanced PED testing of any form in his fights did more to make objective fans believe he used than floyd's team suggestion that he used steroids.
                    Blah blah blah blah...Manny never cared about test. He was accused before asking to take test. Had the the Mayweathers went at thing on a respectful business like manner and asked instead of accused. Manny would have no problem. But you or any other dumb asses think that someone goes on record in front of the world and accuses them of cheating with no proof or nothing tied to proof and trash talks their hard work ...is willing to do what they want to be done...yeah right! I wouldn't take the test either.

Comment

In boxing theres always lessons to be learned. Fighters should retain their corrections but also have short memories and move on. When I think of Manny I think of over 70 pro bouts all fought at a high level of intensity. A naturally smaller man taking on a defeating champions and contenders that no one would think he could defeat when he was a very poor kid trying to break into boxing as 106 pounder!!!
                      I don't think any more or less of him being stopped by Juan or him stopping Hatton or any other boxer he's defeated or lost to!!
                      Its funny how fans will demean and disgrace these warriors by posting pics and videos of them compromized but if one of these fighters says something off color about their favorite boxer they get all upset and want them to act more adult like. Calling the kettle black....................

Comment

Working...
                      X