Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't Cotto wanted to fight one class weight up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't Cotto wanted to fight one class weight up?

If I remember properly, I'm sure I've read Cotto wanted to fight at higher weight class. So I don't know why people have issue when Martinez wants Cotto to fight him at CW.

Cotto not sure if too wanted I'm.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaggin' View Post
      If I remember properly, I'm sure I've read Cotto wanted to fight at higher weight class. So I don't know why people have issue when Martinez wants Cotto to fight him at CW.
      He wanted to fight N'djim (w/e) at a CW.
      Heard he contemplated moving up to be the first PR to do 4.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Cotto-Sergio at a 157 CW, but I don't think Sergio should go down to 154. He hasn't been there in 4 years.

Cotto has to beat Trout first, which will be no easy task. Trout is seriously underrated on here and can beat Cotto. But if Cotto beats Trout, he has many options.

Sergio, Canelo, Berto/Budnrage winner, Quillin/N'jikam winner, etc.

Comment

IMO, if Sergio can make 154 without Dawson-ing himself.... then fine by me

Comment

Cotto wanted to win a middleweight tittle at a 157 lb. catchweight so he could say he won a tittle in a fourth weight class. He had no intentions of staying at 160 and defending that tittle. It was supposed to be against one of the lesser belt holders, not the true middleweight champ. It would be a bogus stunt just like Pacquiao winning a "tittle" at 154 from Margarito at a catchweight of 150 just to say he won tittles in 8 weight classes. I still don't like Martinez challenging Cotto at a catchweight.If Martinez can no longer make 154 there are some very good middleweights that want and deserve a shot at him.If Cotto comes to him and asks for a catchweight fight that would be ok, but Cotto wants no part of Martinez in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              I wouldn't mind Cotto-Sergio at a 157 CW, but I don't think Sergio should go down to 154. He hasn't been there in 4 years.

Cotto has to beat Trout first, which will be no easy task. Trout is seriously underrated on here and can beat Cotto. But if Cotto beats Trout, he has many options.

Sergio, Canelo, Berto/Budnrage winner, Quillin/N'jikam winner, etc.
              I will be betting on Trout. If Cotto wins I am sure he will fight Canelo because that's a huge money fight. Cotto won't fight any middleweight unless they agree to fight at 157 and I doubt he fights Martinez at any weight. Cotto choses his fights carefully.

Comment

I'm a huge Miguel fan but if he wants the belt at 160 he needs to allow the champ (who ever that is) to come up up-to-the max allowed weight. NO CW For the CHAMP!

Now, if (for example Martinez) calls out Cotto, he needs to come down to 154 and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                  I'm a huge Miguel fan but if he wants the belt at 160 he needs to allow the champ (who ever that is) to come up up-to-the max allowed weight. NO CW For the CHAMP!

Now, if (for example Martinez) calls out Cotto, he needs to come down to 154 and fight.
                  No Cotto moves up or no fight. Both fighters should be at their best no excuses.

Comment

Working...
                  X