Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Could See Hopkins-Cleverly - if Bernard Chooses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Could See Hopkins-Cleverly - if Bernard Chooses

ATLANTIC CITY — Bernard Hopkins mentioned Lucian Bute early Sunday morning as a potential opponent who might motivate him enough to continue his Hall-of-Fame career.

Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer thinks another undefeated champion from Europe makes sense for the 47-year-old legend to fight, too. [Click Here To Read More]

Clev represents Hopkins last chance at @ going out on top.

If Fish eyes is stupid enough to take it, Cleverly gets schooled.

Comment

That was an average performance at best by both fighters, Nard probably being below average. Bhop has been a great fighter the past 15 years but how long can he live off his name? I'd rather hear of Dawson getting the opportunities to unify or go against the studs of 168. Chad won the fight, has titles to unify and is ascending. Bhop? Needs to hang it up and stop milking his name.

Comment

Hopkins can definitely still beat Bute on Sat's performance. Yes, he's slowed footwork has lost a step and he can't get into position quick enough but he still has enough ability and knowledge to beat Bute.

I don't see why Hopkins would want to go out on what most people would just consider to be a strap against a novice. That's never been what Hopkins is about. As a legend he can still beat Bute and go out on that note, I'm sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
          Hopkins can definitely still beat Bute on Sat's performance. Yes, he's slowed footwork has lost a step and he can't get into position quick enough but he still has enough ability and knowledge to beat Bute.

I don't see why Hopkins would want to go out on what most people would just consider to be a strap against a novice. That's never been what Hopkins is about. As a legend he can still beat Bute and go out on that note, I'm sure of it.
          Come on dude, that's just wrong. Using his legend tag he's been allowed to hang about the top far longer than his physical abilities merit.

Comment

WTF Hopkins name gets mentioned everywhere. He needs to retire he so old for boxing its embarassing.

Comment

I dono about Bute at this stage, but Cleverly is def a guy Bhop can beat, and ride off on a win. Hope he takes only 1 more fight, 2 tops!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                I dono about Bute at this stage, but Cleverly is def a guy Bhop can beat, and ride off on a win. Hope he takes only 1 more fight, 2 tops!
                2 fights? I don't get what people get out of watching any of Hopkins fights. Clinch, butt, hold, fain injury and generally he fights the most boring a*s style ever as he's just not got it and hasn't had it for some time.

As much as Cleverly is not world level, he's got the engine to outpoint B-Hop not that I'd ever like to sit through another Hopkins fight.

Comment

Cleverly is a winnable fight Bute will be a extremely tough fight for B-Hop if he wants to go out with a win stay away Bute

Comment

Why does Hopkins keep getting fight offers? The guy is clearly a painful thing to watch anymore. Why does boxing always keep doing this with old washed up fighters. All its doing is causing boxing to look bad and embarrassing. Someone really needs to be a true friend to this guy and tell him he is done and that it is ok to hang up the gloves. Maybe his friend DLH.

Comment

Working...
                    X