No announcement yet.

NEWS: Oscar De La Hoya "Bob Arum Say NO To Mayweather-Pacquiao Because......."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think at this point, after over 2 years of bickering, it's safe to say this will never happen.

Pac answers to Bob. And that's just the way it is. Should it be? No. But is it that way? Sadly, yes.

The only way this fight will ever happen is if Mayweather and Bob Arum agree to terms. Not Manny Pacquaio.
    Yes, I know Dan. Just throwing it out there. Pretty pissed, that's all.

Comment

lmao at *****s believing every word buttplug says

Now that I think of it, it doesn't surprise me that they would believe him considering they all probably like it up there anyways

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        I'm guessing this is bob's ******ed way of saying your date doesn't give me enough time to build my stadium, so I'll be missing out on the potential revenue from it
        That's exactly what he's saying. Especially since Pac will agree to take the lesser share. That's if you believe what Oscar says. Which one should take anything Oscar says with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          how would they lose 20mil at the gate? because top rank can't keep it all?
          Exactly. For Arum everything has to be "in house."

Comment

strange that pac would easily be willing to take a lesser share after doing his supposed 1.41mil ppvs against Marquez wheres Floyd did 1.25mil with Ortiz

We're talking about the same petty ol person who threatened to call off the Hatton fight over 1 or 2% of the purse.

Comment

Whilst what he is saying may be true (it probably is) coming from Oscar it still has zero credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
                Exactly. For Arum everything has to be "in house."
                He's talking about the gate. I think it's pretty clear what Arum is saying...He's wants the bigger stadium for the fight. His logic is that Pac agreed to take the lesser share so therefor maximize the revenue that will come in.

Even with a bigger stadium though, I see another excuse forming. Not sure if he should has for an equal split and just fight in May 5th?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I think at this point, after over 2 years of bickering, it's safe to say this will never happen.

Pac answers to Bob. And that's just the way it is. Should it be? No. But is it that way? Sadly, yes.

The only way this fight will ever happen is if Mayweather and Bob Arum agree to terms. Not Manny Pacquaio.
                  Disagree, as pointed out earlier this week, Pacquiao showed he was his own boss by refusing to fight Hatton unless Arum took money out of his own pocket to make it happen. Pacquiao is Arums boss, not the other way round, and he can fight pretty much whoever he wants if he insists.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    That's exactly what he's saying. Especially since Pac will agree to take the lesser share. That's if you believe what Oscar says. Which one should take anything Oscar says with a grain of salt.
                    Yup, exactly. But at this point, you're risking the fight just not ever happening.

Just charge insane prices for the tickets....they will still sell quickly and you'll have your monster gate.

I understand what Bob means....a fight of this magnitude, make it at a big venue so you can maximize profits....but Floyd will ONLY fight at MGM Grand, that's pretty much known. Just give up and make the fight, you're still gonna make insane money off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenEko View Post
                      Disagree, as pointed out earlier this week, Pacquiao showed he was his own boss by refusing to fight Hatton unless Arum took money out of his own pocket to make it happen. Pacquiao is Arums boss, not the other way round, and he can fight pretty much whoever he wants if he insists.
                      the thing is he wont. and that makes him a tool. pac does what the ppl around him tell him to. and from wat i see, no1 around him wants him to fight floyd so the fight will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X