Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Canelo so deadly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine any top 154lb fighter go through Canelo's last 10 fights.

They would come out looking like they were world beaters too.

Canelo hasn't proven squat yet. He has the potential to be a p4p fighter, but it hasn't been tapped into yet...

Comment

You mean deadly to lightweights and welterweights.

I see nothing deadly about him. I would love to see him face a guy his own size for a change like Angulo, Kirkland, etc. Lets see what hes made of GB.

Comment

Crisp, accurate, powerful combinations. Watch how he turns his left hook over. straight right is also very deadly.

Underrated speed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
          Those are nonito first 11 pro fights vs rigo 11 pro fights..
          even in their first 11 fights...i was unsure and not knowing where or how they would turn out. It took time to prove them self. Dodie Boy is 10-0-10kos...looked good the other night as well. BUT...he too has a long way to go before he checks in as a great fighter. Its not hate. Trust me..if i thought the guy was a bum....i say it. I have never bit my tongue and i never will!

Comment

Originally posted by koolttt View Post
            You mean deadly to lightweights and welterweights.

I see nothing deadly about him. I would love to see him face a guy his own size for a change like Angulo, Kirkland, etc. Lets see what hes made of GB.
            Well he was supposed to fight Kirkland, but Kirkland b'tched. . .

Comment

His freckles and red hair..he can KO the entire junior welter weight division..And he can go the distance with a 40yr old over the hill Shane..he has so many weapons in his arsenal its truly amazing..

Comment

what makes canelo so deadly? his not fighting top notch comp from his weightclass

canelo got people thinking he's the biggest threat to floyd WITHOUT fighting a single legit threat in his division

Comment

What makes Canelo so deadly? His hype.

He's of course a good fighter in most aspects. But his footwork is terrible. And if he fights Floyd then there's no one better to expose it.

Comment

what's he done to prove he's "deadly?"
                    nobody he's KO'd has been anything special
                    Alvarez is a decent fighter, but he's hardly some monster
                    he has some power and can work the body
                    he's not a fighter anybody fears though
                    Last edited by Jack Napier; 12-15-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Guys like Bute,Judah and Tyson folded as soon as the meet somone as good as themself .
                      Guys like Ali and Sergio martinez,Ward on the other hand get better the better hthe apponent is.

As it stands today we simply dont know about Canelo, he may be better then we all thourght, or he may croumple as soon as he gest tested

Its not the size of the dog, its the size of the fight in the dog,Its just the way boxers work.

Comment

Working...
                      X