Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is David Haye getting over-hyped and overrated again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see Haye fighting any more contenders; this was the comeback fight to get his name back in the mix and a world ranking.

I think Haye will try to fight Vitali, Wlad, or Povetkin. If he doesn't get those fights, I don't see him continuing.

I think it would be best for everyone if we had Povetkin-Haye, with the winner getting a shot at Wlad or Vitali.

Comment

No, he's not over-rated.

He's the best HW not named Klitschko, he was before and he still is now. I actually think he's a better fighter than the Klits P4P, but he doesn't have the size to beat them. Wlad in particular uses his frame brilliantly nowadays and trying to get punches over his long jab is extremely difficult for shorter fighters.

Against Vitali he could land due to the speed difference, that fight would be a good one.

Comment

People tend to forget that styles make fights. I seen dudes on here say Haye would beat beat Vitali up. SMH

Comment

For sure

Over here its not about how good you are, the names on your resume or the condition of an individual fighter on an individual night.

Over here its all and only about where your from. If your a Brit and one of "our boys" that instantly makes you world class and having compiled a list of shot journeyman and bums you become a P4P contender.

Seriously its great being a sports fan in the UK

Comment

Chisora has never been knocked down, not even in sparring. His chin is so hard it broke the arms of his last two opponents. But Haye floors him like its nothing.

Its very shocking to see something like that. Reminded me of Wlad's Peter KO to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              I'd personally rather he fought Charr I genuinely would. Whilst I think Haye is better and more dangerous Charr is a lot bigger and at least he will come to fight and leave it all in the ring and bring the best out of Vitali rather than back-peddling in full survival mode.
              ****ing hell loool

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                Chisora has never been knocked down, not even in sparring. His chin is so hard it broke the arms of his last two opponents. But Haye floors him like its nothing.

Its very shocking to see something like that. Reminded me of Wlad's Peter KO to be honest.
                haye was looking knackered in there. he would've been in trouble if chisora wasn't stopped

Comment

I think haye is pretty clearly the third best fighter in the world right now but can he beat a klit? Well Vitali is getting on so there is a question mark over that one but it looks like that won't be answered cause Vitali is about to retire and doesn't want a tough fight before he goes. As for wlad ... well that has been answered already. so haye is kind of in a no mans land really a sort of 'best of the rest' type thing.

Comment

It's not a case of him being hyped again. It's a case of fight fans wanting Vitali to step up and quit making excuses. Haye is the 3rd best HW no doubt.

Comment

Haye is the 3rd best HW that's why we want to see him fight Vitali simple really.

Comment

Working...
                      X