Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Seth Mitchell be brought along faster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
    What ever happened to rooting for and encouraging fighters?

I'm just saying.....
    I am rooting for him, he's the most exciting prospect in years. We've got to be realistic to though

Comment

i think if you're gonna be on hbo/showtime you should be in tough fights. premium channels aren't the place to build a fighter up. maybe it's just me, but i don't really want fighters to root for, i want good fights. let people be a fan of the sport as a whole. the best way to do that is to put on competitive match-ups. i think it helps the sport when you don't know who's gonna win before-hand.

once these fighters get on hbo they only want big money fights and fight 2-3 times a year. if you ain't ready for the big league, do the club circuit and get your experience until you learn your craft. do ESPN or solo boxeo cards in your home area to build a fan-base. no need to have guys who may or may not be something great or a superstar having gimme fights on hbo when there's guys who deserve to be on there and have earned it.

personally, i dont think there would be anything wrong with mitchell vs adamek/chambers winner if he's gonna be shown on hbo from here on out.

Comment

NO!

Why would you want to speed up his development? He was a football player, he is still learning and he still has a lot to work on, it is no need to rush him along, if he develops in time to fight a Klitschko before they retire then great...if not then SO BE IT...same for WILDER and Jennings

Comment

As much as I like Mitchell, he will get Lacy'd if he were to fight Wlad or Vitali.

Comment

Give him as much time as he needs. He should seek a fight with Wlad at some point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
              Give him as much time as he needs. He should seek a fight with Wlad at some point though.
              If he's lucky, he'll still be around after the Klitschkos have retired. That's the only way a lot of the current fighters will become a titlist.

Comment

Mitchell needs to work on his defence, I think he should spend some time in someone else's training camp to gain experince and get a few tips.

Comment

Originally posted by encino man View Post
                  i think if you're gonna be on hbo/showtime you should be in tough fights. premium channels aren't the place to build a fighter up. maybe it's just me, but i don't really want fighters to root for, i want good fights. let people be a fan of the sport as a whole. the best way to do that is to put on competitive match-ups. i think it helps the sport when you don't know who's gonna win before-hand.

once these fighters get on hbo they only want big money fights and fight 2-3 times a year. if you ain't ready for the big league, do the club circuit and get your experience until you learn your craft. do ESPN or solo boxeo cards in your home area to build a fan-base. no need to have guys who may or may not be something great or a superstar having gimme fights on hbo when there's guys who deserve to be on there and have earned it.

personally, i dont think there would be anything wrong with mitchell vs adamek/chambers winner if he's gonna be shown on hbo from here on out.
                  He's not a main event fighter and he's been matched competitively so I have no problem with him being on HBO. He brings the kind of excitement that gets ratings and that can only be good for the sport.

Comment

Why not rock a Seth avi then Jab?

Cmon... switch it up already.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
                      Why not rock a Seth avi then Jab?

Cmon... switch it up already.
                      Reed, now you know that's not how king troll rolls.

Comment

Working...
                      X