No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales on Matthysse, Dirty Maidana, Jabs Arce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erik Morales on Matthysse, Dirty Maidana, Jabs Arce

Mexico's Erik "El Terrible" Morales likes big challenges, and for his choice of opponent for the upcoming fight for the super lightweight world title of World Boxing Council (WBC), he didn't hesitate in selecting the knockout artist Lucas Matthysse of Argentina. The fight takes place on Saturday September 17th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

[Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Morales on many parts of the interview. Especially about how dirty Maidana fights.

Maidana constantly hits behind the head and has punched many times after the bell.

IMO, Morales beat Maidana. I also consider Matthysse to be a better fighter than Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa 2.0 View Post
      I agree with Morales on many parts of the interview. Especially about how dirty Maidana fights.

Maidana constantly hits behind the head and has punched many times after the bell.

IMO, Morales beat Maidana. I also consider Matthysse to be a better fighter than Maidana.
      How anyone at all can think that is insane, Maidana battered him for about 3/4 of the entire fight.

Morales has become so overrated now just because he had a couple of spots against the no defense having Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        How anyone at all can think that is insane, Maidana battered him for about 3/4 of the entire fight.

Morales has become so overrated now just because he had a couple of spots against the no defense having Maidana.
        No, he didn't. Morales slipped many of Maidana's punches and landed by far the cleaner punches. A past prime featerweight made Maidana look ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

Maidana won but I agree with Eric he is a dirty fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa 2.0 View Post
            No, he didn't. Morales slipped many of Maidana's punches and landed by far the cleaner punches. A past prime featerweight made Maidana look ordinary.
            He landed a few clean shots in some middle rounds but spent most of the fight on the ropes taking Maidana's crude offense.

PPL need to just let Morales go and accept that he is finished and looked good against a defensively poor fighter who obviously didn't think of much him going in.

Comment

morales bout to take care of business sept 17. all i gotta say this wont be a walk in the park for matthysse.. morales is guna bring his A game.. we all know matthysse is a much better fighter than maidana. all i gotta say we in for a treat with this one.. the whole card

Comment

I don't know where this thought of Matthysse being a better fighter than Maidana came from, technically he is better but Maidana is more active,more aggressive and it seems throws with a bit more power IMO (although its close) and i would favor him against Lucas in a great fight. I think Matthyse is the better Boxer but Maidana is the better fighter.

I don't think Maidana is dirty on purpose he is just ruthless and relentless and wants to put hurt on his opponent.

I really hope Morales can perform highly again because if he does it could be a close fight.

Comment

I just don't understand the rationale. Can someone please help explain to me how Mathysee could be possibly considered the better fighter between himself and Maidana? When just judging by their resumes', Mattyssee has clearly struggled with the much more limited opposition in Zab Judah and Devon Alexander. While on the other hand, Maidana has defeated or has come nearly dangerous close, in defeating the much more elite opposition in Victor Ortiz and Amir Khan.

Comment

I think Morales experience will make a good fight with Matthysse

Comment

Working...
                    X