My thoughts on David Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on David Price

Well...what a damn shame...

It was meant to be Price's arrival on the big stage but disaster strikes in less than the first 6 minutes. I always thought Price's limitations would be exposed but not by someone like Tony Thompson (although I did prosper from their encounter $$). Price had fought his first professional southpaw in Harrison but going in against Thompson he was fighting one at a much higher level. If I remember correctly he has several losses against southpaws in the amateurs and was one of the reasons why I placed a bet on him to KO Price. I never agreed with the thinking that Price would've got him out of there faster than Wlad either (I predicted rounds 7-9).

I was perplexed by ESPN's decision to make him prospect of the year but enjoyed seeing everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

Price is no stranger to the canvas and he showed a good attitude in the post-fight interview, this loss wouldn't have affected him too much. I'm sure he's a bit gutted but will put that frustration to good use in the gym. My only concern is his promoter, Frank Maloney and future match-ups - I do hope he doesn't spend the next 12 months against domestic opposition. He's just jumped from Skelton to Thompson, who's a southpaw to boot, I'd like to see him fight some European opposition and target a fight with someone like Dimitrenko in the summer.

He's not the next great heavyweight champion, but he never looked like that. What we have here is a heavyweight with dodgy punch resistance but terrific power, he'll make for some very exciting fights in the future. I can only hope that the Fury-Price fight happens soon.

Your hero got exposed.

Comment

Hero? I ain't even a fan of the geezer.

Comment

Another C-class boxer who is "oversized" and tried boxing because his basketball skills were as bad!! Stiff front leg and lack of fluidity with no head movement (side to side) and a weak jab!! The guy he fought just sat back and let him walk in with false hopes. He used a very old technique and tuned him around and caught him as he turned!!
        If this guy was a contender in England then Bruno CAN come back even if he's 60ty!!! Why is there so much talk about 3rd tier fighters who look this bad in a ring? This guy got hit with two fairly ordinary punches and folded like a lawn chair! His trunks looked good! Ray.

Comment

His power is what garnered him so much attention.

Comment

Lol Mize ur idol got expose

Tyson Fury is the future

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Lol Mize ur idol got expose

Tyson Fury is the future
              How did he get exposed if most already knew he had a crappy chin?

I said it in the other thread but you should be posting in an LFC forum, those were the fans making him out to be the next Tyson.

Comment

chisora if getting into shape and staying fit remaining active , will be are best chance of a heavyweight champion

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  How did he get exposed if most already knew he had a crappy chin?

I said it in the other thread but you should be posting in an LFC forum, those were the fans making him out to be the next Tyson.
                  People cannot see things until it becomes obvious to all.

Especially a Brit, the most fickle of boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
                    chisora if getting into shape and staying fit remaining active , will be are best chance of a heavyweight champion
                    Naw, I don't think Chisora has the power to become a champion and especially not whilst the likes of Pulev & co are around. I hope Chisora-Price happens down the line, our domestic heavyweight scene is heating up.

Price isn't done yet, you don't become an Olympic bronze medallist without having something about you. He suffered a perforated ear drum in the Thompson fight, what organ controls your balance...

Not an excuse, he's got a suspect chin but I don't think it's been properly tested yet. He's taken shots in previous fights and hasn't flinched so who knows how bad it really is.

Comment

Working...
                    X