No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McCloskey: I'm Going After The Man Amir Couldn't Beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McCloskey: I'm Going After The Man Amir Couldn't Beat

Paul McCloskey will face Breidis Prescott in an eliminator for the WBA light-welterweight title at Belfast’s Odyssey Arena on ­September 10.

[Click Here To Read More]

The Brits stopped the fight when you had a tiny cut. Yet, the brits let the barrera/khan fight go on even though you could see a crack in barrera's head. They only let that fight go through because they know it would put win on Khans resume. They didn't care about barrera's health.

Should have been stopped way before the 5th round the Barrera/Khan fight. But then Khan couldn't get a win on his resume over legendary Barrera by head-clash.

Last edited by uoykcuf; 07-23-2011, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
      The Brits stopped the fight when you had a tiny cut. Yet, the brits let the barrera/khan fight go on even though you could see a crack in barrera's head. They only let that fight go through because they know it would put win on Khans resume. They didn't care about barrera's health.

Should have been stopped way before the 5th round the Barrera/Khan fight. But then Khan couldn't get a win on his resume over legendary Barrera by head-clash.

different fight completley different referee, judge's and bererra wanted to continue where as mcloskey was very negative and never said a word to the referee he should of been able to continue but it wasn't, the corner should of had a chance but they didn't it happans not only in the uk but many times in the us too where fights are stopped early so your ignorant anti british post with stupid links to pictures doesn't mean a thing the ref goes off how the fighters react at the time.

Plus your pictures are very misleading the cut wasnt as bad when it happand however khan added to this with punches to make it werse.

your opinion however means just as much as mine and this is mine .
      Last edited by LoveForBoxing; 07-23-2011, 07:25 AM.

Comment

And he is going down like Khan did.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveForBoxing View Post
          different fight completley different referee, judge's and bererra wanted to continue where as mcloskey was very negative and never said a word to the referee he should of been able to continue but it wasn't, the corner should of had a chance but they didn't it happans not only in the uk but many times in the us too where fights are stopped early so your ignorant anti british post with stupid links to pictures doesn't mean a thing the ref goes off how the fighters react at the time.
          The fact that you ended that with a period, made me lol.

Comment

Cant say I'm a big fan of Mccloskey, his style makes for boring fights. Its right also that after the cut he pretty much gave up and was happy for the ref to stop it, though he says different now ofc. Barerra is a true warrior, it was going to take a cut much worse than that to get him or his corner to throw in the towel

Comment

McCloskey is acting like he had a chance in that fight. He looked like a poor mans wanna be Hamed. That guy was a joke and proved to the world that he did not belong on the elite level with Khan.

He's talking as if the stoppage was bad but all it did was save him further embarrassment. He did nothing in that fight that showed that he had any chance of being competitive or had any chance of winning so much as a single round.

Comment

Amir is the man you couldn't beat Paul, you could barely land a punch.

Comment

Working...
                X