Suliamain explains why mayweather kept WBC belt while incarcerated /corrupt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Sillyman.

Comment

WBC are by far the worst of the lot. Slimy crooks, the green belt is pretty appropriate.

More top players should go for the IBF title. Its probably the body with the most legitimacy, but ofc boxers don't want to give away advantage with the mandatory same-day weigh ins, and they are harder to corrupt.

With Sulaiman, you can be assured a green belt if you are family, or willing to bring in the income

Comment

It's simple... as long as Suleiman gets a piece of Roidweather's purse, Roidweather will continue to hold the belt

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          its BS. its one rule for one and one rule for another. what happened to not being allowed to hold a wbc title and another alphabet title at the same time? oh its mayweather! what happened to having to defend your title within 12 months? oh its mayweather!

i bet martinez isnt happy reading about this is he!

the WBC are an absolute joke. and boxing is becoming harder and harder to follow with the obvious levels of corruption that goes on.
          I can't wait till Arum, Suliamain, and Don King are long gone from boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
            I'd quite happily snuff out bob and don myself

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
              It's a nice thought, but you know the void they leave will just be filled by someone equally as corrupt as them.

Comment

Mayweather is not going to the WBC convention in Cancun , So Berto vs Guerrero this Saturday is pretty much for the belt only the winner will not get a belt til December..

Then look at the possible WBC Interim fight Selcuk Aydin vs Luis Carlos Abregu

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  its BS. its one rule for one and one rule for another. what happened to not being allowed to hold a wbc title and another alphabet title at the same time? oh its mayweather! what happened to having to defend your title within 12 months? oh its mayweather!

i bet martinez isnt happy reading about this is he!

the WBC are an absolute joke. and boxing is becoming harder and harder to follow with the obvious levels of corruption that goes on.
                  Anyone remember when Morales beat Barrera and then vacated the title .. and then somehow Barrera was AWARDED the title without having to compete for it?

Oh it Barrera! What happened to having to compete for a title to earn it?

Oh that's right, Barrera didn't earn it!

Or when Julio Cesar Chavez lost by DQ in his 12th fight, but because Chavez' manager was on the local boxing commission his loss was "turned" into a win the next day? Its BS. Its one rule for one and one rule for another. Oh, but it was Chavez!

Stop making it seem like **** doesn't happen. And it was nowhere NEAR the level of what some clowns get and have gotten away with.

Comment

WBC President Jose Sulaiman has revealed his reasons to WBN why Floyd Mayweather was allowed to retain his welterweight title, even when facing a two-month prison sentence earlier this year.

Some in the sport, including myself, automatically thought that the pound for pound king would be stripped of his title as he served his time at Clark County Detention Centre from June 1st to August 3rd, which failed to materialize.

As mandatory challengers Selcuk Aydin and Robert Guerrero waited in the wings, Sulaiman took a different route and created an interim title, which the WBC only use in exceptional circumstances, in order to keep Mayweather as champion.

“The WBC has not had an interim champion for a couple of years at least, but we were committed to do it with Guerrero because Floyd Mayweather went to jail and Aydin had been waiting for a longer time than the rules call for,” Sulaiman told World Boxing News.

“Also, we didn't want to make our champion Floyd, believe that we were leaving him without our support when he has been one of the most loyal WBC champions since his very first of the five titles that he has won.

“We have kept the interim championship only for an extreme case when there is proven evidence that a champion is not able to fight within six months,” he explained.

Two-weight title holder Mayweather, 35, has until early December to declare his intentions to the WBC or at least make an appearance at the upcoming convention in Cancun if he wants to avoid losing the 147lb title.

The green belt would then go to the winner of the November 24 fight between Guerrero and former champion Andre Berto - as Guerrero came through number one contender Aydin in July on points.

Comment

Working...
                    X