Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more likely to get Ko'd before they retire: Hopkins,Mosley or Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley- his boxingskill but more importantly motor skills are declining fast.

Marquez-weakest chin of the bunch.

B-Hop- his stubborn a$$ is tougher than the hide of a rhino.

Comment

Mosely - Canelo gonna be too fast too strong

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
        i've got shane by a long shot
        I'd hate to see Shane get retired by canelo

Comment

I actually think that Canelo will stop Mosley.

Comment

I don't believe either gentleman will be stopped, I just can't visualize it. Canelo is a young and hungry fighter, but limited IMO, and there's a bigger chance Shane stops him before Canelo does. I'm favoring Canelo by UD by the way. Dawson will NOT stop Hopkins and nobody near Juan Manuel's weight class will stop him neither. I laugh at the people who thought that Rios would get the job done against Marquez, completely irrational.

One thing we must remember is that these fighters are up there in age and anything can happen though. But if worst comes to worst (as Shane showed) they are crafty and cagey enough to survive the 12.

- The Gentleman

Comment

I'm also not feeling Hopkins in this Dawson match. He won't get KO'd but I feel he might lose a UD.

Comment

Mosley IMO. He's slower and more hittable than he ever was, and unlike Hopkins he lacks the craftiness to survive when hurt, beyond backpedaling. Plus he constantly wants to fight big dangerous punchers, like it's a point of pride for him. Even the biggest of chins crack someday, and I fear Mosley's is coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                  Mosley IMO. He's slower and more hittable than he ever was, and unlike Hopkins he lacks the craftiness to survive when hurt, beyond backpedaling. Plus he constantly wants to fight big dangerous punchers, like it's a point of pride for him. Even the biggest of chins crack someday, and I fear Mosley's is coming soon.
                  Are you serious sir? Guess you didn't watch Vernon Forrest nearly knock Shane unconscious and have him all over the ring early on only for Shane to make it to the final bell.

And Shane was back peddling and in survival mode against Pacquiao and Mayweather. Two guys light years above Canelo in terms of skills and experience. Shane made it out standing in those fights, so I can't see why he won't against Canelo of all people.

- The Gent

Comment

If Hopkins has any inkling during a bout that he could be KO'ed, he will go full defense mode and be able to make it out of any fight. It's always available in his toolbox and it's one of the reason why he's still around, among other things.

Shane is a tough stone to crack for the first time in any given fight. He's rarely wobbled on his feet and, outside of Pac, it took massive shots to put him down. Later in your career it can catch up with you - either your resistance declines or you no longer trust/want to put your body through the punishment it will really take to win these fights.....so you seem him out there backpeddling, something you'd never see from him in the past. Still though, his power is always something you have to respect even when he's hurt so not many get the opportunity to jump on him if they see him dazed. I don't believe Canelo is fast enough to KO him. Maybe a better possibility to happen than with Bhop's fight.

JMM might be the most stubborn of the 3. He refuses to get KO'ed and he won't be bothered going into defensive mode when he's under attack. He wants you to come at him. This has to put him at highest risk of the 3 for a KO. I still can't see it, but I'll concede it's probably him. The margin for error isn't that big when you are slowed down by age and ring wear......we all see him taking punches. It will take a war to put him away. Rios seems to be that type of fight, so we might see how much these young guys want it.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      JMM might be the most stubborn of the 3. He refuses to get KO'ed and he won't be bothered going into defensive mode when he's under attack. He wants you to come at him. This has to put him at highest risk of the 3 for a KO. I still can't see it, but I'll concede it's probably him. The margin for error isn't that big when you are slowed down by age and ring wear......we all see him taking punches. It will take a war to put him away. Rios seems to be that type of fight, so we might see how much these young guys want it.
                      *tips hat*

Great point good sir. Hopkins and Mosley have no problem going into full defensive and survival mode, even it means stinking up the fight and losing rounds. Marquez, when hurt, is letting his inner Aztec out and he's coming back to get you. Still I don't think anybody poses a big threat at 135-140 to really hurt Maquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X