Collapse
No announcement yet.

So......Pacquiao vs. Rios??? No thanks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So......Pacquiao vs. Rios??? No thanks.

How is this a legit/good fight???

Rios is a very exciting fighter, but he has a few good wins at 135 and one pretty good win at 140 over Alvarado, and somehow that gets him a Pacquiao fight???

I don't see that as being deserving at all for a Pacquiao showdown at 147. Pacquiao will brutalize Rios.

It's a decent alternative if Floyd's still on his health route. It'd be an entertaining scrap but Pac would probably KO him.

Comment

Other than Mayweather, who else would like to see Pacquiao that fights at 140-147? Rios seems as good of an option as anyone else in those two divisions to me other than Matthyse. I mean, looking at the ring rankings, the other top welters are Kell Brook, Malignaggi, and Zaveck. Fuck those guys.

Comment

Anyone thinks Floyd vs. Rios would be good?

Didn't think so, it's a garbage fight that Arum will probably make because he's running out of pawns.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Other than Mayweather, who else would like to see Pacquiao that fights at 140-147? Rios seems as good of an option as anyone else in those two divisions to me other than Matthyse. I mean, looking at the ring rankings, the other top welters are Kell Brook, Malignaggi, and Zaveck. Fuck those guys.
          I'd rather see Pacquiao rematch Bradley than fight Rios.

Other then that, what about Alexander, who's about to be the IBF champ??? Or what about Berto, if he comes back and beats Bundrage/Guerrero. Or what about Guerrero himself, if he beats a Maidana or Berto???

Any of those would be better than Rios. Rios is made to order for Pacquiao and has one legit win above 135 lbs.

Comment

What would people say if Mayweather-Rios was made??? Think about it....he would get nailed to the cross.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              What would people say if Mayweather-Rios was made??? Think about it....he would get nailed to the cross.
              Meh, they made Mayweather-Ortiz, so not really.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
                Meh, they made Mayweather-Ortiz, so not really.
                Ortiz was also coming off what should have been a W over Peterson and a win over the #2 ranked WW at the time.

Do you know what people were saying before Floyd-Ortiz was signed???

-Floyd would never fight Ortiz, way too much of a risk coming off a long layoff
                -Ortiz/Pac would be a war, make that fight.

Before I joined, a large % of people on here were saying that.

Comment

Rios is the slowest fighter in boxing. Pacquiao would be dropping bombs for however long Rios could stay on his feet. He's a tough guy, but he can't win that one.

Comment

I'd rather see Bradley/Rios.

Comment

Working...
                    X