No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Fury on Tyson Facing Price and Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peter Fury on Tyson Facing Price and Klitschkos

David Price and Tyson Fury stayed on course for a huge domestic heavyweight clash by dealing with Matt Skelton and Kevin Johnson, by second round KO and on points respectively, over the weekend. Price, 15-0 (13), holds the British and Commonwealth belts, Fury used to hold those two titles, but he is now ranked at number three by the WBC and has expressed an interest in going for the WBC world title in 2013. [Click Here To Read More]

peter fury is bang on!

everyone calling fury a ducker is wrong. fury is on world level while price is still domestic. price will get there as long as he ups his level of competition. tony thompson is older but he is world level & that's a good start. get passed him first. fury has already beaten 2 former title challengers in kingpin & chisora(both under 33 years old) so fighting price is a step backwards. i want to see the fight but i understand why it is not happening now. fury has bigger fish to fry & price still hasn't gone in the deep end of the swimming pool yet. when he does & beats a couple credible opponents he will be in the mix...

Comment

Fury average i give him credit for chisora only.. and chisora werent even in shape cus of two klit fights cancelled... all this world class talk whos he beat whos world class? kevin johnson a defensive punchbag no type of offense at all, price wouldve snuffed him in two.. And fury chin been tested, Price aint, so only way fury wins is first or 2nd round KO, in no way though has he proved he world class and price aint.. they on the same level....

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        everyone calling fury a ducker is wrong. fury is on world level while price is still domestic. price will get there as long as he ups his level of competition. tony thompson is older but he is world level & that's a good start. get passed him first. fury has already beaten 2 former title challengers in kingpin & chisora(both under 33 years old) so fighting price is a step backwards. i want to see the fight but i understand why it is not happening now. fury has bigger fish to fry & price still hasn't gone in the deep end of the swimming pool yet. when he does & beats a couple credible opponents he will be in the mix...
        At this point David Price is a much better fighter than Kevin "I Just Showed Up For a Payday" Johnson. And if Chisora and Johnson are in the deep end of a pool it must be a kiddie pool on a slope. However, if Fury does end up fighting Arreola for a vacant WBC belt I hope he wins. Because I personally don't want to see a fouled mouth fat slob such as Chris as the champion.

Comment

Fury is becoming so overrated it's unbelievable. Johnson was not a great victory and a fit/interested Chisora would have beat him imo.

Comment

Fury is one of the best HWs in the world. It took a while for me to admit it, but it is the reality and it's about time that we start recognizing it. I think he would make fairly easy work of Price to be honest. I'd much rather he face Adamek, Arreola, Haye, and/or Odlanier Solis. If he passes any two of those tests, he is ready for Wladimir Klitschko. I think I would favor him over Povetkin today.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
              Fury is one of the best HWs in the world. It took a while for me to admit it, but it is the reality and it's about time that we start recognizing it. I think he would make fairly easy work of Price to be honest. I'd much rather he face Adamek, Arreola, Haye, and/or Odlanier Solis. If he passes any two of those tests, he is ready for Wladimir Klitschko. I think I would favor him over Povetkin today.
              Is it possible that you are to the right of Bob Marley in your avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                At this point David Price is a much better fighter than Kevin "I Just Showed Up For a Payday" Johnson. And if Chisora and Johnson are in the deep end of a pool it must be a kiddie pool on a slope. However, if Fury does end up fighting Arreola for a vacant WBC belt I hope he wins. Because I personally don't want to see a fouled mouth fat slob such as Chris as the champion.
                kingpin & chisora are fringe contenders at best(B level). they are gatekeepers who will beat all the journeymen but not good enough to beat the legit contenders. fury has now beaten 2 of them so he belongs in the top 10. once price beats a couple fringe guys himself i will put him in that top 10 as well. price has shown he can beat all the journeymen at domestic level now let's see what he can do vs guys like thompson & chisora...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  kingpin & chisora are fringe contenders at best(B level). they are gatekeepers who will beat all the journeymen but not good enough to beat the legit contenders. fury has now beaten 2 of them so he belongs in the top 10. once price beats a couple fringe guys himself i will put him in that top 10 as well. price has shown he can beat all the journeymen at domestic level now let's see what he can do vs guys like thompson & chisora...
                  So Fury beats a guy who isn't even ranked in the top 30 and that makes him a legit top 10 fighter????

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    So Fury beats a guy who isn't even ranked in the top 30 and that makes him a legit top 10 fighter????
                    i don't go by boxingrec. he's already been british & commonwealth champion, holds a regional WBO belt & won a WBC eliminator. i believe he is ranked in all governing bodies. i have him in the top 10 in the world. i can't see how you can't but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X